Fuel Safe fuel cell
Custom wiring (Thanks Evan!)

Driveline:
Streetport 12A rotary
Weber IDA carb.
Tilton Clutch
Mazda Speed 2 piece exhaust
Rotary Shack Max power header
Custom 3" Stainless steel exhaust with Burns Stainless muffler ( Thanks Niles!)
Aluminum Rad
Fluidine Oil cooler w/ custom Aeroquip lines
Custom ducting for oil cooler and rad

Suspension:
- Front
Ground Control camber plates
unknown coilovers came with the car
Eibach springs
Advance Design dual adjustable struts
G force eng. turn in spacers
KC Raceware 2 piece brake rotors
MazdaSpeed brake ducts
Aeroquip brake lines

- Rear
G force Eng. Panhard bar
G force Eng. Tri link
Advance Design dual adjustable shocks
Eibach springs

Wheels & Tires:
Panasport wheels 15x7
Hoosier 215/580 r !5 race slicks

Thanks, its been a lot of work to get up and running, its about 5 years on and off.

This thing has got to be a blast! Congratulations on winning MOTM!

Thanks, its been a lot of work to get up and running, its about 5 years on and off.

Congrats buddy. I'm very happy to see a classic RX7 as a winner. I know the pain of building one. Yours looks great and you've definitely get more mods than I do, but I'm getting there. I still have most of the interior in mine but I'm leaning towards gutting it. I'm also leaning towards a side draft weber set up to replace my holley set up. As an aside... I run panasports with Yokohama AVS on the street and Hoosier slicks at the track.

Last edited:
Thanks! I have a side draft weber on my SA. It's a streetable carb that's good on the track or autox, you won't be disappointed if you get one. You will need a high flow fuel pump and a fpr they only like 3-4psi. Good luck with your build.

Thanks! I have a side draft weber on my SA. It's a streetable carb that's good on the track or autox, you won't be disappointed if you get one. You will need a high flow fuel pump and a fpr they only like 3-4psi. Good luck with your build.

I've got a holley FPR and fuel pump where I've been running a holley 4bbl on my FB. It is all top end though (most rotaries are of course) but I was hoping to add some mid range with side draft and long intake runners.

Most rotaries are top end power, I don't even use 5 gear on my SA until I'm on the highway.
At Mid-Ohio I'm in 3 or 4 the whole time usually in the higher rpm range at 6-8k rpm.

Most rotaries are top end power, I don't even use 5 gear on my SA until I'm on the highway.
At Mid-Ohio I'm in 3 or 4 the whole time usually in the higher rpm range at 6-8k rpm.

I don't have many RX7 fans to talk to, I'm glad to hear it isn't just me that almost never uses 5th gear unless I'm out on a stretch of highway. I honestly do the same with my Focus ST. I use 6th mostly just on highway/interstate or country straight stretches where I am familiar with the road but the ST has an annoying shift light for 6th that stays on at any speed over about 35 which is ridiculous. I know that rotaries are pretty much just high rpm oriented but some extra torque would be nice. The side draft you have, did you put it together yourself? I saw the nice weber kits at rotary shack, but after reading about the shady nature of that company I decided not to. I may just stick with my holley 4bbl and look into a supercharger.

I bought the intake and carb set up for the rotary from Racing Beat.

I bought the intake and carb set up for the rotary from Racing Beat.

Almost all of my mods came from racing beat. Springs/Shocks/Struts/sway bars/strut tower brace/holley carb/intake/plug wires/header/mid pipe/exhaust. I've been pleased with all of it. Good quality. Go to rotary shack's webpage and check out the weber kit they offer. It looks great and when talking with them it seemed like a great item but after doing more research I discovered many people had ordered from there and never received their items. I think the business was even banned from some rx7 forums. I decided not to risk it. I have two extra (good) engines and I may get a supercharger and have one of the spares bridge ported. At that point it would be mostly for track use. Driving a bridgy on the road is no fun. How do you like the rotary shack header? I'm thinking the muffler on my RB system is a bit restrictive and I may remove it soon for something more free flowing. I'm also looking to upgrade to an aluminum radiator and MSD ignition box on the leading plugs.

Last edited:
Well the car has been sold, it went to a new owner who is going to try take to the SCCA runoff's at Mid-Ohio next year.
It was actually more fun building the car than driving the car. On to the next project possibly a Spec Miata.

Back