Disable keyless system

giannisdoe

:
CX-5
The manual of CX-5 mentions that the keyless entry and engine start system (LogIn) function may interfere with pace-makers or defibrillators.
Apparently there is a way to disable the system but is not mentioned in the manual, at least not the one I have which is in German.
The manual doesnt say how to disable, it only says what you need to do to start the car in case it's disabled, which is to follow the same process as when the battery of the key is dead...

Instead it's written to contact my local dealer...

Does anyone know how this LogIn function can be disabled? My father is coming for a visit and he has a defibrillator so I really dont want my CX-5 to "switch him off" by mistake.

Thanks a lot

I don't know how to do this but as unlikely as it is to cause an issue, the consequences are too great to risk it.

When your car was delivered to the dealer there were a couple of fuses missing. One of them was the key-less entry fuse. I made note of them in case I need to park my car at a airport for a week. They are

Pull F43, F44, and F55.

I don't know which one is for the lock but pulling that one should disable it and still let you get in with the real key and drive. With all three gone it will still start and drive but you lose keyless, audio, and I don't remember what else.

Frank

Back