All LED lights installed. Turn bulbs stay on with tail lights??

ImAZoomer

:
Mazda Protege 5
I just bought all LED bulbs for my 02 protege5. Front went alright. Rear tail lights went alright as well. However when I put the turn signal bulbs in they came on and stayed on. If I turn the headlights off they go off too. They blink like they're supposed to (just fast) but when the tail lights are on the turn bulbs (front and rear) come on too. Any ideas on what the hell is causing this?? I'm pretty disheartened. Those bulbs weren't cheap.

Did you install the necessary load resistors on the turn signals both front and back? I know thats the only way to make them flash normally instead of fast, but not sure if that is exactly what could solve your issue..

LED's can cause problems like this, they don't have anywhere near the resistance of incandescent bulbs. You'll need to install either an electronic flasher relay, or the resistors.

I put an electronic flasher on it. Wired it in the system under the dash. They flash normal now. But with all 4 turn bulbs plugged in and the parking lights turned on the signal bulbs all illuminate too still. I took the front ones out and am just running the back for now. I guess I'll have to run resistors in the back. I want to keep the overall draw from the lights down. Less pull on the alternator with my system and all.

Back