Updated suspension parts thread

Yeah the aragosta is relabeled ast shocks. I will write my review of the fortune autos when I get home from work and not on the train falling over

I currently run 8k fronts and 6k rears. the rear of my car feels over sprung or over damped and i hardly ever adjust the rear stiffness and turn the front up to 17 or so clicks. I had custom top hats made for mine and got the elongated holes on the hub face thingy.
I did a track day and a hill climb and the car really drove like a pig and understeered terribly mid corner. I mean so bad it was like it was i skating. It was then i went to a suspension shop to try and see if they could corner weight it and solve my terrible handling.
This is when it got worse, i would get heaps of clunks when going full lock and found that the bottom of the strut was hitting the sway bar link, as it was lipped. I had to grind it off which was not fun at all.
The elongated hole bolt came loose and i was running around with a wheel that would go from positive 4 to negative 4 camber at the track day and for two weeks on the street driving to work.
I was wondering why it felt so bad, i tapped a ripple strip and it came loose at the track day. I had to get it welded up and now run 2.5 degrees of camber.
After this point i was really regretting buying them, i had signed up for a Porshe forum Australia autox event two days later after the corner weight and was really feeling down about the suspension i was running and was thinking i should have bought the bilstein kit.

On the autox first run i ran soft front and hard rear for some reason, and s*** me the thing was alive, the car was amazing, turned like no tomorrow and everyone was asking what i had done to it.

I also did another track day last week and most of the understeer is gone. Unless being stupid it grips and just keeps turning. I run 195/50r15 Hankook rs3 at 38psi on the front and no joke it handled amazingly.

They needed some work but the car is great now with the set up.

I was just looking at this on my home computer, I'll check to see if I may still have it up on the screen when I get home from work.

XN0zJmx.png

I got the spreadsheet he made up for comparing the suspension. If anyone needs the actual excel file you can pm me and I'll email it or something.

Nice work! You should add the bilsteins, b-spec kit, and ford racing. Of course I say that but didn't look up the rates.

Last edited:
Hmm maybe I'll see if I can pull together a google doc of some sort that would make all this info a bit more readable and then I could share editing rights with a few of regulars on here so even it can stay updated even if somebody moves on from the forums. The document also has compiled lists of brake parts, drivetrain parts, and other suspension parts. Will never be comprehensive but it's a nice resource.

BC Racing have a camber plate. There's another thread that has similar information around. It also added spring rates.

I was looking at a set of ST coilovers a few months back when they had a big sale going on. Keep in mind that the sleeves aren't coated, so rust is an issue in northern climates.

I was looking at a set of ST coilovers a few months back when they had a big sale going on. Keep in mind that the sleeves aren't coated, so rust is an issue in northern climates.

From their website:
"Galvanized coilover struts with additional coating for optimized corrosion protection"

I'd say you'd be fine unless you take it on a gravel rally. The adjusters are plastic, as well.

Looks like Ultra Racing will be offering things for the new mazda 2.

11796224_986267114746515_8402798800097728225_n.jpg

11796410_986267094746517_7851850826150421460_n.jpg

Besides the motor, and the frame/body, how much of a difference is there between the new Mazda2 and the previous edition? Is it an entirely different car altogether?

Besides the motor, and the frame/body, how much of a difference is there between the new Mazda2 and the previous edition? Is it an entirely different car altogether?

You literally named the majority of the car. Besides everything, is it different? ;)

Yes, it's brand new from the ground up, just like all of Mazda's lineup has been. Once the CX-9 is redone, there will be no Ford DNA left in the product line.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the rates of our stock springs, Racing Beat, and/or H&R?

I found the Eibach rates in an old post...

Front - 137 lbs/in (24N) linear
Rear - 77/114 lbs/in (progressive)

1.2" drop front and rear.

Back