2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD price help

Markdb

:
2016 CX-5
Looking at getting my wife a 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD. The standard without options MSRP is $ 31,080. I added the auto dimming for $ 300. So new MSRP is $ 31,380 The best price so far that i got was $ 29,907. I have to add tax, DMV and inspection. I also have a trade in. Is that a fair price or should I push for more and how much more. Thanks

It's the end of the month. I'd push harder for a better price. I bought a GT AWD w/Tech package last week for $1900 under MSRP. I'd think that you could get closer to that or maybe better if they need to hit their sales quota.

Offer $29,000 and see what they come back with.

Looking at getting my wife a 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD. The standard without options MSRP is $ 31,080. I added the auto dimming for $ 300. So new MSRP is $ 31,380
MSRP for 1026 CX-5 GT without any options is $29,470 + $880 destination charge = $30,350. Where did you get your MSRP? There are only two major factory options, Tech Package and i-ActivSense Package for $1,505 and $1,500 MSRP respectively. You may see $300 additional for certain colors but you rarely see any other options, such as $295 auto-dimming rear view mirror from factory. Make sure to get correct MSRP from window sticker first and check out these two threads:

Current selling price for CX-5?
Can we start a thread on what were paying for 2016 CX5"s?

We paid $30,000 before TTL with all available incentives at time for a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package (MSRP $31,855) in March. I strongly recommend LED lighting with AFS included in the Tech Package. You won't regret it!

MSRP for 1026 CX-5 GT without any options is $29,470 + $880 destination charge = $30,350. Where did you get your MSRP? There are only two major factory options, Tech Package and i-ActivSense Package for $1,505 and $1,500 MSRP respectively. You may see $300 additional for certain colors but you rarely see any other options, such as $295 auto-dimming rear view mirror from factory. Make sure to get correct MSRP from window sticker first and check out these two threads:

Current selling price for CX-5?
Can we start a thread on what were paying for 2016 CX5"s?

We paid $30,000 before TTL with all available incentives at time for a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package (MSRP $31,855) in March. I strongly recommend LED lighting with AFS included in the Tech Package. You won't regret it!

Sorry, had to look at the window sticker again. It also had a few add on totaling $ 730, that was the difference of $ 30,350 and 31,080, then add the $300 for the mirror. thanks for the links

they told me they are sticking firm at $ 29,907. All the other dealers in the area are only around $ 1k off MSRP.

It's the end of the month. I'd push harder for a better price. I bought a GT AWD w/Tech package last week for $1900 under MSRP. I'd think that you could get closer to that or maybe better if they need to hit their sales quota.

Offer $29,000 and see what they come back with.

When I bought my C6 Z06, I searched the entire US, found a dealership (Boardwalk in CA) that was doing $5K off MSRP + Hold Back or something, and printed it off, and took it to my local Chevy dealer. I told them I'd LOVE! to take a road-trip back from CA in my new 'vette, but would also like to keep my business local, and if they could come within the price of a 1-way plane ticket to CA, out the door, I'd buy from them. Signed papers that day.

So...find you a MASSIVE volume dealer for Mazda, and have at it. What's a little road trip, and the way that thing sips gas? It will be hard for them to call your bluff! (if indeed it is...I was serious).

they told me they are sticking firm at $ 29,907. All the other dealers in the area are only around $ 1k off MSRP.
For that price, we can get a GT AWD w/Tech at any Mazda dealerships in our area! I guess CX-5 is more popular in NY area.

Have you considered buying in NJ or PA? Unless your current car is broken down or totaled, taking some time to shop around a little more may be very beneficial.

For $87 more than the price you were quoted in NY, I got the same car with the tech package and wheel locks. Don't be afraid to drive an hour or 2 east to get a better deal.

Started to reach further, not much luck. Other issue is I have a trade in so even if I get a good price far away they cannot quote the trade in unless they see it.

Have you considered buying in NJ or PA? Unless your current car is broken down or totaled, taking some time to shop around a little more may be very beneficial.

For $87 more than the price you were quoted in NY, I got the same car with the tech package and wheel locks. Don't be afraid to drive an hour or 2 east to get a better deal.

Started to reach further, not much luck. Other issue is I have a trade in so even if I get a good price far away they cannot quote the trade in unless they see it.

Not true. I bought a vehicle 400 miles away about a year and a half ago. Trade-in included. I sent detailed photos of everything they asked for, and a carfax. They agreed to a price, and did NOT try to alter the deal once I arrived. Seamless in/out transaction.

guess it depends on the dealer, the few I have been dealing with wanted to physically see the car

Not true. I bought a vehicle 400 miles away about a year and a half ago. Trade-in included. I sent detailed photos of everything they asked for, and a carfax. They agreed to a price, and did NOT try to alter the deal once I arrived. Seamless in/out transaction.

Ok dealer called back and we got the car. Here is the breakdown
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, color Sonic Silver
$ 29,470 MSRP + destination fee ( $880 ) + a few options ( $ 1,030 ) = Total MSRP of $ 31,380
selling price was $ 29,450.00. I added tax + 157.50 ( tire fee/insp/filing fee)
I think I got a good deal and the wife loves the car

Ok dealer called back and we got the car. Here is the breakdown
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, color Sonic Silver
$ 29,470 MSRP + destination fee ( $880 ) + a few options ( $ 1,030 ) = Total MSRP of $ 31,380
selling price was $ 29,450.00. I added tax + 157.50 ( tire fee/insp/filing fee)
I think I got a good deal and the wife loves the car

Nice! I'm glad it all worked out for you.

What options did you end up going for? Was the same dealer that was "sticking firm" or different?

HA same dealer, someone else from there was texting me at the same time the sales guy was emailed. They were both playing the game, as did I. In the end it worked out. The options were the dimming rear view mirrow, all-weather mats, rear bumper guard, retractable cargo cover, Roof rack, side rails and wheel locks.

Nice! I'm glad it all worked out for you.

What options did you end up going for? Was the same dealer that was "sticking firm" or different?

HA same dealer, someone else from there was texting me at the same time the sales guy was emailed. They were both playing the game, as did I. In the end it worked out. The options were the dimming rear view mirrow, all-weather mats, rear bumper guard, retractable cargo cover, Roof rack, side rails and wheel locks.

Pretty good haul... Just couldn't get wifey excited about the tech stuff huh?

AWD Grey no tech with remote start was 30,970. Final sale price was 28635 with taxes and dmv fees.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back