2016 Infotainment problems

09-022-15 TSB for cx5 navigational issues is available and should fix most
problems. Contact your dealer. This was done for me yesterday.
As the Mazda is my wife's daily driver I cannot verify that any of the
problems are actually resolved. The TSB has an issue date of 6/10/15

Thanks for this! Mine goes in on Thursday, and the service agent didn't know what I was talking about when I scheduled.

I had my phone disconnect from the car and wouldn't let me re connect for a day. Finally got it some how. Just bought a 2016 touring a month ago.
And I can't view my text messages at all on the touch screen

Had my first hiccup this morning when my Infotainment screen stayed very dark. It's as if the car didn't recognize that it was light out and it kept the screen at a night time setting, though it was actually darker than my normal setting. I played with the settings while driving with absolutely no response. Once I got to work and was able to turn the car off and restart it the screen came back normal. It's pretty much all highway miles for me to and from work so I had to wait. Anxiety was building all the way... Hoping it's a one time thing and doesn't become a persistent issue.

Last edited:
Update on Update

I downloaded the firmware and updated to 55 from 51 myself last week.

My update on this is that the update has certainly fixed the navigation with respect to getting black screens and also not getting a good gps fix. No longer have I received a black screen and the gps does find my location and keep it on the map.

BUT I do have a new issue with music....

I use a 64gb USB flash drive in my CX-5 for some music from my collection that I like to listen to regularly.

Before the update all the songs on my albums where listed and played in their correct track order.

Now they are listed and play in a random order that makes no sense. When I navigate from Artist to Album and choose an album the tracks are not listed in the correct track order nor in alphabetical order. Just randomly. All of my songs are tagged meticuously. I am very anal about my music collection which is sitting at over 300GB of music right now. So it is not the tags, besides, on firmware 51 the system did not do this.

I also do not have shuffle on. So I am at a loss.

This is very annoying - especially when listening to prog rock bands like Yes where the track order is very important as songs tend to flow in and out of each other.

I thought firmware upgrade was dealer only... Do you have link and login info?

The links to the firmware update at the above site do not work, they say the file is no longer available. How do I go about getting the firmware 55 installed? Should I just make an appointment with the dealer?

The links to the firmware update at the above site do not work, they say the file is no longer available. How do I go about getting the firmware 55 installed? Should I just make an appointment with the dealer?

I would (did). It's free, and there is less chance of dealing with warranty issues if something "should" happen to go wrong doing it yourself. I timed it with my first free oil change. Win-win.

I had same issue for a couple of days, but today Version CMU150_NA_55.00.750B is working on the first page. You need to try periodically, but expect working links to last only a few days. I just picked up my CX-5 two weeks ago, so I'm going to sit on this upgrade for now until I give my dealer a chance to do it... If they play dumb, or won't do it, it will reflect poorly when I complete my survey.

I had same issue for a couple of days, but today Version CMU150_NA_55.00.750B is working on the first page. You need to try periodically, but expect working links to last only a few days. I just picked up my CX-5 two weeks ago, so I'm going to sit on this upgrade for now until I give my dealer a chance to do it... If they play dumb, or won't do it, it will reflect poorly when I complete my survey.

I downloaded the latest firmware version, and will likely install it this weekend. That "infotainment project" thread makes my head spin...30+ pages in and I'm still trying to figure out whats what. Time to go down the rabbit hole...ha,

^ THIS ^ is royally annoying. I also feel the favorites should have different pages per audio source, not one long favorites.... But that's just me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Here, here, I concur...

Update on new Update....

I downloaded and updated to the CMU150_NA_55.00.750B firmware.

It did NOT fix my songs listing in wrong track order problem...

Still no live traffic.....

Did not notice anything new....

It's been about 2 weeks since I got the dealer to update the system. So far no issues. The only thing that I have noticed that is new, is when you go to the favorites menu, and choose a station, it stays in the favorites menu. I kind of like that.

So I've had the 55.00.750B firmware for a little while now, and everything seems to work well except for Pandora. The App seems to stop working randomly, even though the phone is connected? I can literally sit there and watch the "Pandora" app screen spin forever and not load, but if I switch to my phones Bluetooth as the input and press play on Pandora it works right away...kinda frustrating.

I'm new to this forum, but have had my 2016 CX5 GT with Tech since April. I had many issues with the infotainment system - including nav quitting, screen going black, system totally shutting down and rebooting while driving... My dealer, John Hine in San Diego, tried a few things then called Mazda. Mazda sent one of their main tech guys out and worked on my car for a couple days in May. The verdict was to wait until the update came out and it should fix the bugs. When the new version (55) came out, they immediately called me and set up an appointment to have it installed. They gave me a rental and took care of everything. The update fixed the issues - except for the slow start up and response. Anyone in the San Diego area who is having issues, go to John Hine and see Tammy!

I just did the update to 55.00.75. Everything went without a hitch it seems. I need to look into the tweaks.

So I've had the 55.00.750B firmware for a little while now, and everything seems to work well except for Pandora. The App seems to stop working randomly, even though the phone is connected? I can literally sit there and watch the "Pandora" app screen spin forever and not load, but if I switch to my phones Bluetooth as the input and press play on Pandora it works right away...kinda frustrating.

Does anyone know what the difference is between 55.00.650 and 55.00.750B? The "B" would indicate to me that it's maybe a beta version? .650 is what the dealer installed in my car a few weeks ago.

Back