2016 CX-5 vibration/shaking when exiting left turn

helloworld

:
CX-5 GT AWD
Hi all,

I did the test drive on a brand-new 2016 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L today. Noticed that at one time, when exiting a left turn at about 20mph, the front part of the car shakes/vibrates several times before it goes back to normal. I couldn't repeat that afterwards in the short test drive. The sales said he didn't notice a thing, as expected. I read that someone has a similar issue a couple of years back, and never resolved it. Anyone has suggestion what might happened in my test drive?

Thanks!

Alex

Last edited:
Road surfaces can be sneaky. May not look overly textured or rumpled by appearance, but road imperfections seem to transfer a little more noticeably into the cabin and steering of Mazda's vehicles. Least ways, they seem to in my experience.

Sounds plausible, seeing as you were unable to reproduce the occurrence.

You can always pick up another CX-5 you like if you're not comfortable on this one.

Yes, I'd vote for that as well as its happened to me. Usually the brake pedal may pulse too. Helloworld, were you braking at the time? Did you feel the pedal pulse (even briefly?)

I don't quite remember. I might be braking after experiencing some minor understeering during the turn, probably going a little too fast.

My 2014 CX5 Touring does this too. Except it does it on both turns. Vehicle kind of seems like it shakes, only it seems like it's coming from the back. Freaks me out.

Back