It would be nice if we could get Android Auto

cybercruiser

Contributor
:
2015 CX-5 Touring 2.5L FWD
Android Auto was announced this week, it'd be nice if we could do a software upgrade to Android Auto, for those of us that aren't working quite right.

Will have to make sure my next vehicle has it!!

Android Auto was announced this week, it'd be nice if we could do a software upgrade to Android Auto, for those of us that aren't working quite right.

Will have to make sure my next vehicle has it!!

Look at it this way... head units in pre-'16 models are likely far easier to retrofit with 3rd party than the '16 models.

If Carista can add Mazda support then the vehicle customization aspect will be addressed with the 3rd party head unit.

Android Auto was announced this week!
This week? Android auto was announced long before this week... it's been available since March with a Pioneer head unit. (I've been using it for a month already in my CX-5.) The only thing "new" this week is that a it's available in Hyundai "factory" head units.

This week? Android auto was announced long before this week... it's been available since March with a Pioneer head unit. (I've been using it for a month already in my CX-5.) The only thing "new" this week is that a it's available in Hyundai "factory" head units.

Maybe it was just announced as standard in the Hyundai Sonata. Something was announced this week, lol. Guess I should pay more attention.

Hopefully '16's can update and not get orphaned when '17 gets CarPlay and Android Auto.

Back