rear caliper help!!!!!

bman17

:
Mazda 5
Hello I neexto replace my rear pads on my 09 mz5 but having share time getting the caliper to compress zoo others anyntips out her to vet them to move or don't he twist(corkscrew) back into the caliper housing or worst case are the seized ???? Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers bryan

I've replaced rear brake pads on a Mazda5 twice before. The trick I found to getting the rear pistons in is to twist them fully out first then, while pushing at the same time as you're twisting, they should go back in so you can load your new rear brake pads.

Yeah it's possible with just large needle nose pliers, but a compelte PITA. I got a harbor freight compression tool (now even more useful with three mazdas in the family) and it does the trick quick and easy. I don't use it often, but the amount of annoyance it prevents was totally worth the expense.

Please look at my ATTENTION posting in the brakes section about the rear pads.

Bman17. I recently replaced my rear pads and rotors and I used a tool I bought from Princess Auto to compress/rotate the piston. Since you are in Kingston (I assume Canada?) you'll know about that supplier. In that kit there is a tool/adapter that fits the Mazda 5 caliper piston perfectly.

Back