'16 Radio Issue

KCSam

:
2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
Was driving home last night and wanted to fool around a bit with the voice command system (since I have hardly used since purchase last month). With a destination selected for NAV and the radio tuned to an A.M. station, I pressed the voice command button and said "radio" thinking that the NAV screen would switch to the radio screen. What happened was the NAV screen switched to the radio screen to my first, slotted favorite F.M. channel. Once that happened it went silent. I tried changing to all my preset F.M. and A.M channels, but no audio was coming through. The station names were showing, but no info or sound. I turned to Sirius and a CD and they worked fine. Went back to local channels and again, nothing. Thought maybe it muted, but the mute was off. Tried doing a channel scan and it ran through completely without stopping on any station. I tried for over 30 min. to resolve and couldn't get it back on. It's like the antenna shut off and wasn't receiving any local signals.

Woke up this morning, started the car and it's back to normal. Anybody else experience something like this when trying out certain voice commands?

I think your voice is too charming to make voice recognition software simply jumped into a infinite loop and couldn't come out (i.e. a programming bug)! Once you rebooted, i.e. re-start the car this morning, it went back to normal. (boom07)

Have you tried it again or have different person, preferably a different sex, tried it? If you can duplicate the problem, then show it to the dealer when you have a chance. I don't think Mazda can fix it right away but at least they can log the bug and put the fix in if possible for next version release.

That's funny. I'll take the charming compliment all day!

No, haven't tried again. I'll try later today or tomorrow morning when I'm back out. I'll also have a woman try it and see what happens. Although, I doubt it will matter. Probably just a defect in the programming. But like you said, will be good to get it logged and looked into.

Haven't had that issue but I got in the car the other day and all my saved "favorite" stations were gone. I had to reprogram everything.

Haven't had that issue but I got in the car the other day and all my saved "favorite" stations were gone. I had to reprogram everything.

Oh wow, that would be awful! Took me close to an hour initially to get all of my A.M., F.M., and satellite radio stations selected and placed in the order I liked.

Sounds like a bug. Today I had my iPhone 5 wires to the system via USB. Recognized it and played music just fine. When we went to start the car after getting some gas the nav screen was blank. All other screens worked. At the next stop I disconnected the phone, and the nav display was back when the car was started.

Sounds like there's a few defects being unveiled with the new software. I'll have to try that with iPod the next time and see if my NAV screen is blank as well.

Back