Anyone found an OBD2 phone app that will read transmission fluid temp?

I got it working, sitting at idle it seems to hover around 137F. So this should work then when I go to do my drain/fill. I'm guessing I let my car idle till it hits 122, then shut it off and check the level, otherwise the temp will keep rising.

My 2015 hasn't had any other issues knock on wood, so other than geeking out on all the info/data you can see is there any reason to possibly buy forscan lite?

I may still send my bafx back and get the Vgate vLinker FD OBD2 Bluetooth just in case I need better compatibility in the future with FORscan.

It's been reported here a number of times that the temp is right at 122 when the cold temp indicator in the car turns off. That's the time to check the level.

It's been reported here a number of times that the temp is right at 122 when the cold temp indicator in the car turns off. That's the time to check the level.
My 2019 2.5L is much colder (like under 100) when they cold temp indicator turns off.
I've only checked in ambient temps of about 60°F or colder so maybe hot ambient temp would get the ATF closer to 122°F

My 2019 2.5L is much colder (like under 100) when they cold temp indicator turns off.
I've only checked in ambient temps of about 60°F or colder so maybe hot ambient temp would get the ATF closer to 122°F
Same here, checked it yesterday it was about 105 F when the cold indicator disappeared and the temperature in the garage was 86 F.

Same here, checked it yesterday it was about 105 F when the cold indicator disappeared and the temperature in the garage was 86 F.
What MY is your CX-5? Mike_R has a 2019 2.5L NA which has cylinder deactivation. That alone could have changed many things including the programmed coolant temperature blue light trigger point.

Latest posts

Back