Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone found an OBD2 phone app that will read transmission fluid temp?

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post
    I've ran the ELM327 options for about 6 years. Never had one burn out.

I'm experimenting with this one now with a 3 year warranty, firmware updates and secure Bluetooth.

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Bluet.../dp/B07JFRFJG6

http://www.obdlink.com/mxp/

They are based out of Phoenix, AZ and have really good support. Like Forscan this can peer into modules well beyond general OBD of most major makes. I use this with my Infiniti G35x and GX 460 as well.
    I just bought one of these to use for an ATF drain and fill. Did you have any luck finding the ATF Temp in the app that they provide please? Maybe I'm being dense (happens a lot) but I can't find it for the life of me.

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie95 View Post
    I just bought one of these to use for an ATF drain and fill. Did you have any luck finding the ATF Temp in the app that they provide please? Maybe I'm being dense (happens a lot) but I can't find it for the life of me.
    l will check again tonight or tomorrow. I assume you pulled down your model year in the Extras area of app?
    '15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package - 49K Miles / '07 Infiniti G35x / '12 Lexus GX 460 / '00 Wrangler TJ 4.0L

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Here are screen shots of finding AT temp as well as a comparison of AT temps versus coolant after about half hour.

AT Temp PID is found in the Transmission Control Module when you are adding a gauge to the dashboard area. It just says "Transmission Fluid Temperature (C,F)

There is a search field at the top of lists so you could just type in temperature to find it.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

Here are screen shots of finding AT temp as well as a comparison of AT temps versus coolant after about half hour.

AT Temp PID is found in the Transmission Control Module when you are adding a gauge to the dashboard area. It just says "Transmission Fluid Temperature (C,F)

There is a search field at the top of lists so you could just type in temperature to find it.
    Thanks. I am tempted to buy it.

Registered Member

Thank-you for the extremely detailed reply, sincerely appreciate it. I'll hopefully have time to play with the module and app again this evening, and this will help tremendously.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Good luck. Report back if you run into further challenges
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Good luck. Report back if you run into further challenges
    Reporting back, but not with challenges. It worked beautifully! Might be the best money I've spent in quite some time so thank-you again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345