2016 CX5 Stereo build

Mine it's an ugly install, but it's functional. I won't be going to shows with it for sure.
This way, I still have my spare, if I need it.
MDF over the spare wheel. Tire seals, against the MDF.
Steel wheel, is sealed with a 6" round rubber and over it, a 6" Aluminum plate. All bolted down to the car with a screw.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Thought about doing something similar. I have the Bose system upgrade in my 2015. How much of a rattle does the sub cause and does it do a nice job filling that low bass.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

You are kidding? My mirror/radar detector are rattling, with all windows open. I still use the factory floor/cover, no holes or anything. I'm even thinking of buying, that rubber factory mat and place it on top.
I know it looks ugly, but I don't care, it works great, that is what I care about.
I wanted to do a system, as cheap as possible. Purchased broken amps from Ebay, which I have repaired them($40 4-channel Polk Audio, $40 subwoofer amp Polk Audio), $200 new JL Audio sub(from craigslist from a whole seller), purchased a set of Infinity Primus component set and got the second for free(holiday sale, at Bestbuy= $129), 3.5" Polks for the dash($25 from crutchfield, holiday deal), Kenwood DNN991HD refurbished($750 at that time). I have done the proper install, with tone samples and scope.

Last edited:
Romanian army. It would be nice to take a ride in one of those, or try out a newer T72. I was on a T55.
I'm Hungarian from Romania(Transylvania area).
That music you are hearing, is from a radio station, in HD. CD, most likely sounds even better.

Last edited:
Romanian army. It would be nice to take a ride in one of those, or try out a newer T72. I was on a T55.
I'm Hungarian from Romania(Transylvania area).
That music you are hearing, is from a radio station, in HD. CD, most likely sounds even better.
My mistake, you didn't mention the Romanian part. That's a vintage tank though!

It is dye. We use that because I have seen the regular fiberglass have splits, spaces, cracks or whatever. When it is the natural color it is very hard to see all the weaknesses. With it colored you can see what is covered and what is not. I learned this trick from a VIP builder here in the bay area. Carlin from Impact Performance. Check them out if you are in the Bay Area and need a system built. The build some nice stuff.

Any update on this? i am in the Bay area also. Looking for a fiberglass box for a 10"

Yes it is installed but I need to finish sanding it and wrap it with vinyl or something. It sounds excellent. I am pretty happy with the way it sounds. I will try and post up some pictures of it in the next couple of days.

Where are you guys getting your sub signal from? I have the stock headunit and tapped the signal lines in between the headunit and stock amp of the rear door speakers. I also have a Kicker Hideaway sub and it sucks, going to return it today.

Where are you guys getting your sub signal from? I have the stock headunit and tapped the signal lines in between the headunit and stock amp of the rear door speakers. I also have a Kicker Hideaway sub and it sucks, going to return it today.

There is a thread somewhere explaining which wires to use. I believe people are using the front door speaker wires before the amp. Those are the factory subs

There is a thread somewhere explaining which wires to use. I believe people are using the front door speaker wires before the amp. Those are the factory subs

Yes the fronts in 2016 year are the stock "sub woofers" but aren't the rear doors full sound? I've read that they are which means tapping them is the same as tapping the fronts or better since it isn't a pre-filtered line and you can tap the signal before it goes to the stock amplifier (on bose models). The front speakers as far as I know come straight from the headunit as a high-level signal.

Back