Orange wrench icon on my 2014 Mazda3, 17k miles

sql-lover

:
2014 Mazda3 sGT, 2012 MX-5
I just wanted to confirm... but an orange wrench icon went on on my 2014 Mazda 3 GT. I do believe this is due scheduled maintenance? I procrastinated a bit and forgot to change the oil at 11k, so I doubt is an engine problem.

Also ... if I bring the car to a different place that is not the dealer to change oil and filter, will that void warranty? Dealer's fees start to get more and more expensive. I like that they use original filter though. I've always use original filters on all my Mazdas.

Thanks

Yes, the wrench indicates you've exceeded a maintenance interval.

So long as you properly maintain your maintenance records, you won't have an issue with your waranty. Just be certain the appropriate oil is being used. If it gives you peace of mind, source a case of the Mazda OE filters from your dealer, or from the web, and ask your service provider to use them when they service your vehicle.

Thanks

Can I reset that myself or do I need to visit the dealer? If I can reset it myself, how can I do that.

Tcs light flicks my 2014 Mazda 3 won't start

i been having an issue lately with car won't start sometime and gets stuck in park. Also tcs light comes on randomly

Back