2016 CX5 LED headlights

My 2016 CX-5 also had the LED DRL light on the driver side go out, it never flickered it just suddenly went dead. Here is what happened to me, my dads pickup had a dead battery so i jumped his truck off and the next day i noticed my DRL on the driver side went out and stayed out for about a week. About a week after i jumped his truck off i had to jump one of my friends cars off and the driver side DRL has started working again. Could jumping off other cars really cause the DRL led light to shut off? Has anyone else noticed their light die after jumping another car off?

Adding to the pile here: 2016 CX-5 GT - Just got back from the dealer replacing my passenger head lamp assembly. The LED DRL started flickering (looked like 1/2 power) a few weeks ago. Car bought almost exactly 2 years ago, so it was all under warranty. Entire lamp replaced; with labor it would have been $1,138. I had no other issues with the lights - no misting or anything.

Slightly concerned about how things will go out of warranty...

I guess I am glad to have old school HIDs. Hopefully some reasonably priced 3rd party repair options start to show up. I have had cars with HIDs since 2001 and other than replacing bulbs for $100 every 5 years on my Maxima I have never had a problem.

I just sold it and bought a 2017, was also close to needing new tires! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I am hoping for a aftermarket DRL for my 16 touring. Saw one pic on the internet and its a LED strip of 4 circular bulbs just under the black bumper. looks cool and is not housed in the fog light area. But cant source it from anywhere.

Mazda led light assemblies

Just read in owners manual that if LED bulb dies (low/high/drl) the whole headlight unit has to be replaced.
So I'm just wondering, what is the expected life of LED lights?
Anyone had them replaced?

I have a 2016 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring with Led lights. I had one where an led driving light spot went out and made the whole string dim. I got the headlight assembly replaced. I just noticed that the other side is doing the same thing as the first one did. I think that the led lights last about 20,000 miles is all and extremely expensive to replace since the whole assembly needs to be replaced. I guess that I am just going to leave the current one messed up. I don't want to spend another $1200. Good luck

Your lights should last much longer then 20K. That's not normal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2016? 20000 miles? Yea, that's a warranty repair.

I have a 2016 CX5 GT with led lights. The driving lights on both sides have gone out. Got one repaired but will wait on other side since they are $1200 to repair, replace.

I don't understand. Are these not warranty issues?

I have a 2016 CX5 GT with led lights. The driving lights on both sides have gone out. Got one repaired but will wait on other side since they are $1200 to repair, replace.

I really, really hope you actually didn't pay for that repair...

Wow, $1200 .... I am happy to buy that extended warranty for 8 years or 100K miles
I only got the 2017 base Sport cx-5 ... hopefully less stuff to break since less gadgets.

Hi @Richard Maxwell,
In your comment, there is something that I do not understand.
When you got your car, it was covered by factory for 36 months or 36k, whichever comes first.
Yours is a 2016, lets asume you bought it in the second half of 2015, and only 20k on the odometer, should be cover by Mazda.
Call Mazda Usa and send an email, because they should stand behind their warranty.
I will rather spend the $ 1200 to a lawyer before I paid them for the repair and get and extended warranty for the aggravation!![emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, $1200 .... I am happy to buy that extended warranty for 8 years or 100K miles
I only got the 2017 base Sport cx-5 ... hopefully less stuff to break since less gadgets.

I bet you are since you paid $29k for a base model Sport...

Jebus!

I bet you are since you paid $29k for a base model Sport...

Jebus!

Not sure if I am feeling the burn or not ...

I've never owned a Mazda so I am just worried about
Engine/Transmission/AWD system and headlight assembly.

I think vehicle electronics like the headlight unit should be covered under
the "Mazda Extended Confidence" plan I bought.
I know its typically a waste of money and most cars don't break down
within the first 100K ...

I guess I am the play it safe kind . . .

I think he's saying you overpaid for it?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

hmm...
I got the car via the Costco Auto program so invoice + tax, dmv stuff..
I think my out the door price was close to $28,6XX if I did not add extra protection stuff ...
for the 2017 CX-5 Sport AWD (Snowflake White Pearl .. so + $200 )

Maybe living in the SF bay area accustom me to paying a lot for stuff ...
(gah)

Back