2016 CX5 LED headlights

I personally think there is some internal electrical failure that should be addressed by Mazda. And you are correct - appears this is not unusual at all. Mine started flickering just prior to reaching 36,000 mile and I had no idea the cost! My car is a 2016 and in excellent condition - I was only 400 miles over warranty and the dealership wouldn't make an exception and replace - and I had to drive 400 miles to nearest dealership to fix other recall items....
Take a picture of your odometer and invoice which showes the mileage for your recall service. Call Customer Experience Center at Mazda North American Operations and explain to the rep why youve just missed 36,000-mile new-vehicle warranty on the failed LED DRLs.

If every effort failed to get your LED headlight replaced under warranty, its not the end of the world as long as the LED headlights are working. You only have one flickering LED DRL and it wont affect your night-time driving. Or you can disable the DRL function if you really dont like the flickering DRLs:

For the record, here is an official copy of instruction to disable the DRL function for 2017 and older CX-5s obtained by bigtex from his Mazda dealer:

Is this the file:
527847dde9533ee284148c4c246937a3.jpg

I'm the next one with the front left headlight to go out. Whole thing has to be replaced. I have a 2016 CX-5 at 23,000 miles but 1 month past warranty. They are going to let me know soon if it will be covered or not. Now I'm wondering if I should look into an extended warranty.

People here have had good luck by having dealerships work with corporate or you calling corporate yourself because its a known issue. Some have had Mazda pay for it all and some got it at half price. Note that they replace it with a cheapo LED in dot matrix style rather than the fiber optic style

People here have had good luck by having dealerships work with corporate or you calling corporate yourself because its a known issue. Some have had Mazda pay for it all and some got it at half price. Note that they replace it with a cheapo LED in dot matrix style rather than the fiber optic style

Is this an issue with the 17 GTs? If so, what does the unit cost to replace?

I have never owned a Mazda before, is a. Extended warranty I need to look into? What else fails on this vehicle?

Is Mazda replacing the lights under a TSB or anything?

Is this an issue with the 17 GT’s? If so, what does the unit cost to replace?

I have never owned a Mazda before, is a. Extended warranty I need to look into? What else fails on this vehicle?

Not 17. Previous body style. As for 17 issues, unknown at this point as the car has many new parts compared to 16 and earlier.

Is this an issue with the 17 GTs? If so, what does the unit cost to replace?

So the MOTORIZED units are not failing, just the LED lights? That's what I got out of the info.

It's kind of ludicrous that they cost $1,000 per unit but that's the rate.

People here have had good luck by having dealerships work with corporate or you calling corporate yourself because it’s a known issue. Some have had Mazda pay for it all and some got it at half price. Note that they replace it with a cheapo LED in dot matrix style rather than the fiber optic style

You mean Mazda replaced them with LED dot matrix styles instead of the tube LED style?

Of all the Mazda models and years.......its the 2016 Mazda CX-5. Sucks for you guys. The Fiber Optic style Daytime running lights are brighter and more noticeable in the daytime than the newer CX-5's. At least in the U.S.

That said I've yet to see failed cx-5 2016's in my region (shrug). Perhaps its because I'm in a dry hot climate. The Fiber Optic ones on my Mazda6 look brighter and better than Infiniti cars imho.

Just noticed that the passenger side headlight LEDs went out in my car. They are very slightly flickering. My 2016 model car has 56k miles and I bought the extended warranty. Not liking what I'm seeing that Mazda doesn't seem to want to cover it as a warranty item.

Just noticed that the passenger side headlight LEDs went out in my car. They are very slightly flickering. My 2016 model car has 56k miles and I bought the extended warranty. Not liking what I'm seeing that Mazda doesn't seem to want to cover it as a warranty item.
Thanks for reporting. Are you saying your Mazda extended warranty won't cover LED headlights? Even that, some CX-5 owners got free replacement on failed LED DRLs without warranty. Call MNAO if you have any issues getting covered.

Back