2016 CX-5 2.5L driving experience compared to Mazda 6?

Thanks guys...went to pick up my CX-5 GT today...apparently they had to drive it 238 miles to get it to the dealership and there were a few tiny chips on the bumper and hood. Told them that this is not a new car and would not buy it. After a long winded negotiation, it turns out they got a new shipment in today and had the one I wanted but with the tech package that I didn't really need. They offered it to me for $500 more than the "used" one with no tech package. So I took it. They needed to detail it and it will be ready for pickup tomorrow...Meteor Gray.
Good for you! Your insistence of not getting a 238 highway-mile "new" car (may not be good for break-in period too) was rewarded. $500 for a GT Tech package? That's well worth the money! LED lighting with AFS alone will make you love the Tech Package! You won't regret it!

6 will definitely outperform the CX-5 in the handling deparment stock for stock. Same engine tho. not sure if they are the same weight as i never looked. but should be close in weight. If you want to improve performance in overall drivibility and power in either of them. Hit me up for a Flash tune to really wake up the vehicle. and make it how it should have come from the factory.

The shop loaned me one last week while my trans was being replaced. A pity they don't offer a v6. I thought it was underpowered for the looks. Still prefer the CX 5, easier to get in and out of. Must be getting old...

Curb Weight:

[6]
Manual: 3179 lbs
Auto: 3250 lbs

[CX-5]
Sport-Manual: 3212 lbs
Sport-Auto: 3433 lbs

Touring/GT FWD: 3433 lbs
Touring/GT AWD: 3589 lbs

Curb Weight:

[6]
Manual: 3179 lbs
Auto: 3250 lbs

[CX-5]
Sport-Manual: 3212 lbs
Sport-Auto: 3433 lbs

Touring/GT FWD: 3433 lbs
Touring/GT AWD: 3589 lbs
Total curb weight for 2015 CX-5 is:
Sport Manual / Auto: 3194 lbs / 3263 lbs
Touring/GT FWD: 3263 lbs
Touring/GT AWD: 3415 lbs

So 2106 CX-5 has gained 18~174 lbs. Hopefully part of weight gained is for thicker and stronger windshield.(boom05)

^Are these dry weights?
These are total curb weights as he said...

As far as handling goes Car & Driver said that the CX-5 not only handles like a car, it handles like a good car. I have really enjoyed going into a tight Interstate entrance ramp with someone riding my tail, and when I get to the top they are way back in my mirror, especially those people in Honda Civics with the fat exhaust pipes.

Last edited:
Total curb weight for 2015 CX-5 is:
Sport Manual / Auto: 3194 lbs / 3263 lbs
Touring/GT FWD: 3263 lbs
Touring/GT AWD: 3415 lbs

So 2106 CX-5 has gained 18~174 lbs. Hopefully part of weight gained is for thicker and stronger windshield.(boom05)

These are total curb weights as he said...
Dang. GT w/ AWD is officially a pig.

Additional weight gain is supposedly from bolstered sound deadening materials.

As far as handling goes Car & Driver said that the CX-5 not only handles like a car, it handles like a good car. I have really enjoyed going into a tight Interstate entrance ramp with someone riding my tail, and when I get to the top they are way back in my mirror, especially those people in Honda Civics with the fat exhaust pipes.

I thought this experience was just me, haha! I love that feeling.

Ditto.....on this end too. Being able to corner so well leaves many who would want to ride your bumper in the dust.

Back