Dealer Recommends fuel injection service and MOC throttle body service at 20,000?

Mdbernie

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Stormy Blue Mica
The dealer recommended fuel injection service and MOC throttle body service at 20,000 miles for $165 and $170, respectively. That set off my b.s. meter and I declined. Thoughts? Anybody think these are necessary?

The dealer recommended fuel injection service and MOC throttle body service at 20,000 miles for $165 and $170, respectively. That set off my b.s. meter and I declined. Thoughts? Anybody think these are necessary?
I guess your dealer is trying to make more money to survive by doing these unnecessary services! They are NOT in the CX-5's scheduled maintenance and these were just bunch of bulls! Even if your CX-5 has engine problems and they should be covered under warranty.

Just keep using Top-Tier gas and change your air filter according to maintenance schedule, you won't be worried about clogged fuel injectors or dirty throttle body which require these said services!

My 2010 Mazda 3 required this service for the first time after 4 + years of use.

If your injectors need cleaning at 20k of responsible ownership I would be questioning the engineering on this vehicle.

I am a tech at mazda to shed some light on this. injector cleaner did do great things for an old car with port injection. at maybe a 100(k). injectors do get dirty about 100(k). but injector cleaner used to clean valves...which it would on no direct injection motors. on a direct injection like DISI or sky valves do not get touched. with technology today when is the last time you heard of a clogged injector...you don't. I am a mazda tech. I hate rec'ing these. They make us. Im sorry if anyone has ever been a victim to this. It is bull s*** mait. If mazda rec'ds anything they supply it. MOCC is not mazda. we use the same stuff. It is profit only not to actually do anything to a car. Same goes for additives. Don't use any additives like conditioner and cleaner in your radiator or trans for auto guys. If anyone wants anymore about my opinion on mazda mait. post here again or pm me. ill give you the real stuff and what I do as a mazda tech on my own veh. which is a protg.

I am a tech at mazda to shed some light on this. injector cleaner did do great things for an old car with port injection. at maybe a 100(k). injectors do get dirty about 100(k). but injector cleaner used to clean valves...which it would on no direct injection motors. on a direct injection like DISI or sky valves do not get touched. with technology today when is the last time you heard of a clogged injector...you don't. I am a mazda tech. I hate rec'ing these. They make us. Im sorry if anyone has ever been a victim to this. It is bull s*** mait. If mazda rec'ds anything they supply it. MOCC is not mazda. we use the same stuff. It is profit only not to actually do anything to a car. Same goes for additives. Don't use any additives like conditioner and cleaner in your radiator or trans for auto guys. If anyone wants anymore about my opinion on mazda mait. post here again or pm me. ill give you the real stuff and what I do as a mazda tech on my own veh. which is a protg.

Just tell your boss you are an honest man and will not recommend service that doesn't do any good. If he fires you, collect unemployment until you get a job from someone you can actually respect. You might even be successful with a lawsuit for wrongful termination. Washington State has strong consumer protection laws and misrepresenting the benefits of a product or service is fraud (illegal). Also, an employer cannot legally require an employee to break the law which he would be doing if he required you to tell customers that throttle body cleaning at 20,000 miles is generally beneficial.

Greed, plain and simple.

Back