Anyone know/verify the Non-bose 2015 watts supplied to each speaker?

CJnum6

:
2015 CX-5 AWD Sport
Had a thread prior that went into this a little, but main reason for thread wasn't about this.

I haven't been able to find any definitive answers to this, just best guesses. I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck without adding an AMP with the stock touchscreen stereo.

So far with what people are guessing to my own research I'll need to go high sensitivity and low RMS, but from what some were saying it could be as low as 5watt per speaker. Most decent speakers with high sensitivity start at 10.

1 - I know it will still work and be fine, but does anyone know if I'll even notice anything off if they are actually 5watt under the recommended range?
2 - Any verification on watt total per line?

Thanks!

Seems like no one knows for sure on the watts per line

If anyone can verify that i'm on track with the sensitivity/RMS though that would be great!
Or other opinions on best options for someone who like's to listen to hard hitting base from hardcore, heavy rock type music. Quick solid crisp bass as opposed to sustained r&b/rap bass.

Thanks!

Usually that info is never published by the manufacturer of the car and/or radio for OEM equipment. That being said, most standard (non-separate amplifier) factory systems will range from 5-15 watts rms per channel.

Also remember that the output is dependent on the volume level as well. Just because you aren't cranking a ton of power to a speaker doesn't mean that it won't still sound good. It just might require more power to get to the listening level you would like. Say for instance you enjoy jamming out to the factory speakers at level 15. With an upgraded set of aftermarket, you may have to crank the radio to 20 to get the same decibel output.

I would say get whatever speaker you are really keen on, and then maybe later on down the road, add an amplifier. Some of the newer amps are so tiny you can stash them behind the radio.

Back