Exhaust

That is a steal of a deal guys considering a vibrant 3 inch cost a thousand for just the catless exhaust no DP.
I paid considerably less than $1000 for my Vibrant system when they were still available. In fact I never saw it sold for that much at any vendor when I was shopping around. IMO, you were seriously gouged if you did.

Also, AFAIK, the system was never sold mass-market without a catalyzed midpipe. I happen to own one of the two midpipes Vibrant made without a cat. :)

i am afraid the shipping would cost more since i am over the other side of the border XD

btw how much would it cost to weld the resonator pipe and muffler pipe without resonator and muffler.

i am about to measure them and ask MetalSuperMarket to bend the pipe for me(they dont do it, they hand it to 3rd party company to do the mandrel bending)

was hoping to see if i can get a fully bended pipe (dont want welds everywhere)

i am afraid the shipping would cost more since i am over the other side of the border XD

btw how much would it cost to weld the resonator pipe and muffler pipe without resonator and muffler.

i am about to measure them and ask MetalSuperMarket to bend the pipe for me(they dont do it, they hand it to 3rd party company to do the mandrel bending)

was hoping to see if i can get a fully bended pipe (dont want welds everywhere)

You're brave to have something bent based on measurements. Not to say that you won't give quality dimensions and that they won't return quality work, but there are so many subtle changes in direction, location, and spacing that go into making it not only fit, but not rattle. If you go that route please let us know how it turns out - that would save me a ton of time when building exhausts, I just don't can't see how it will ever work.

I'll do some measuring and get you a price this evening.

Pope. Please keep us updated on any plans for an exhaust. I'm prob gonna hold out on buying a cs to see what you make. Clean oem fitment without pissing off the neighboors is what I'd like. Tucked muffler, nice clean tip and a tasteful non raspy drony rumble ;)
$600 sounds great.
Is that resonated or just a straight pipe with a muffler attached? You had mentioned the cs required modification to mate properly to your downpipe?
Its easy to get caught up with shinies.. but I only want to spend my money once.

pope should hav start exhaust GB Long ago. I already brought all the cat resonator muffler and flanges. All I need is piping kit. My friend could weld ss 304 for me.

I can only juggle a few things a time... I lead a very busy life and the business while important is somewhere around number five on my priority list after family, career, friends, and household. I'm a one man show.

i understand

just saying its unfortunate for ppl like me looking for exhaust kit and thought u are not doing it and start looking into else where.

i already have all the Vibrant resonator muffler flanges gaskets, magnaflow cat and cant just return them.

so there isnt much left, it might cost more to ship these 2 long pipes in a big guitar box

maybe i'll stick with the original plan and ask MetalSuperMarket to fab the piping kit and ask my friend to weld them together.

Its hard to find some nice kits for the protege so im just gonna get a custom set up I'm gona order the pope may go with catless setup or a high flow cat but that's still in the works I'll be running 3"in with vibrant super silent resornator and megan racing f-rt titanium blue tip

Heh... I might try an ebay catback on p5. Price ia right... all I'm really looking for is a pipe section heh. Even after shipping ups its $250 cheaper than cs... good enough for 10-12 psi on a p5 with stock turbo heh

Heh... I might try an ebay catback on p5. Price ia right... all I'm really looking for is a pipe section heh. Even after shipping ups its $250 cheaper than cs... good enough for 10-12 psi on a p5 with stock turbo heh

i think 2.5" is the biggest u can find on ebay. i noticed some are 2.25(stock size) and some says 3" kit when its only the butt(muffler outlet size)

MeganRacing still do their catback (i got a quote from authorized local dealer for $560CAD but i want a 3" Vibrant one)

stock size is not 2.25 btw. the inlet to the muffler is 2.25 but the resonated pipe is identical to a p5/es pipe. an ebay kit would prob be a nice upgrade for a stock p5/msp.

ps on the vibrant front. i got a quote from pope to do me a custom 3" with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and prob a magnaflow muffler. quite reasonable considering what the cs would have cost me plus the cost of buying a quieter muffler and having it installed. shipping will make it a bit expensive but ill do it when i buy the unichip from him me thinks.
i haven't really checked around but everyone local tells me they paid these many thousands for a stainless exhaust... even if it costs $300 to ship, pope will be a steal. maybe hit him up too? support him, so he will continue to support us!

Last edited:
Back