Power Loss, Check Engine Light Flashing, Traction Control Flashing. Help.

SPARKS7595

:
2012 Mazda 3I Skyactiv
[SOLVED AT BOTTOM]

I was getting onto the highway at about 5.5K RPM(3rd gear), lost power, check engine light started flashing, traction control light as well, smelled something burning, couldn't tell what it was. Killed the engine, started up a few minutes later, ran like normal. I was pushing it pretty hard, wasn't constantly redlining though. Only engine mods I got are Corksport SRI, Corksport Aluminium Crank Pulley and Corksport Power Series Exhaust.

2012 Skyactiv 3. Obvious answer is to grab an OBD2 tool and see what codes I get, but anyone got any idea what happened? Won't be able to head over to do that for a few hours. It's been running normal since that happened yesterday, although I have been taking it very easy. Consider this my "hi, I'm new" post

[SOLVED] Turns out it was a misfire code, cleared it out, apparently I was pushing the Skyactiv Engine to hard, I'll be trying to find a solution to sort of, beef up the tolerances(Better Spark Plugs?) I guess so it can handle more aggressive driving.

Last edited:
Welcome!

You might want to consider installing a Scan II gauge to keep track of various engine and electrical parameters. It serves double duty as a scan tool and can reset codes.
How many miles are on the odometer?

Welcome!

You might want to consider installing a Scan II gauge to keep track of various engine and electrical parameters. It serves double duty as a scan tool and can reset codes.
How many miles are on the odometer?

I'll give that a shot, just below 30K, it was purchased new in 2013. About 12K on the exhaust and intake, 4Kish on the aluminum crank pulley.

Back