What do you all think?

Okay ladies and gentleman, got a couple of questions.
1. What could this tapping sound be? I ran the car to operating temperature and checked the oil and that was fine. So any guesses are appreciated. Also, any thoughts in the idle? It starts up fine and idle drops down to between 250 to 500 rpms. But if you tap the gas, the idle doesnt come back down that easily. It will stay up around 1200 1500 rpms.

2. Does anyone know of any other car that uses this reservoir? The PO tried to JB Weld this one from the looks of it, but this thing is leaking at the seams. If anyone has an extra one for sale or something, please inbox me a price with shipping to 23805.

#1 Sounds like a failed timing belt tensioner.

#2 Get a replacement over fill tank for your specific vehicle. You didnt say what you have, from the pics, id assume your a mx6.

I picked up a replacement over fill tank today. Yeah it's an MX-6. I'm in the process now of trying to get it road ready. How much do the tensioners normally run to have replaced. I don't think I'm ready to try and tackle a job that big on this car just yet. I PM'd you a while back. Have you had a chance to check it out?

Back