How to remove wax from black plastic trim?

I've been using 303 Protectant, works great on the black trim. Seems to remove the white wax residue very well, plus gets all the water spots off the trim too.
View attachment 211188
Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Ditto. I had some wax on the plastics and the 303 took it off and it seems to be permanent. This is one of the most recommended products in the car detailing forums. It isn't super shiny like some of the plastic/rubber protectants but I think this is good thing. It doesn't seem to attract dirt and dust like other products.

00647dcbc6600c337a4f77d6c02eb953.jpg

Tomorrow I will be using Meguire's Ultimate Quick Wax. It says it "Won't whiten on plastic or trim".

Sent from my LG-D400 using Tapatalk

Just used Turtle Wax Ice and I am impressed. Looks like it just rolled off the line. Black parts look great. Used it on the black parts of the inside of the doors and the dashboard. I am from the paste wax days and this is soooo easy to apply. Paste wax would take a couple hours and elbow grease, Ice takes 30 minutes. We will see how long it lasts but for 30 minutes It can be applied every other month. I don't think it would help oxidized paint.

Just used Turtle Wax Ice and I am impressed. Looks like it just rolled off the line. Black parts look great. Used it on the black parts of the inside of the doors and the dashboard. I am from the paste wax days and this is soooo easy to apply. Paste wax would take a couple hours and elbow grease, Ice takes 30 minutes. We will see how long it lasts but for 30 minutes It can be applied every other month. I don't think it would help oxidized paint.
I've been using Ice for the past couple of years on my CX-5 and have been impressed too, but I use the paste version as it gets much better reviews than liquid. Are you saying you are using the liquid version? BTW; the paste is quite easy to apply/remove.

Can you guys send pics of the product so that I can look for it in my country?

Sent from my LG-D400 using Tapatalk

I have been using Turtle Wax Ice Liquid for over a year. Works great and does not whiten the black plastic. It lasts for months. I just bought Turtle Wax Ice PASTE to give it a shot the next time I wax. I want to compare the liquid version to the paste.

To remove the white residue from other waxes left on the plastic, Magic Eraser works like a charm.

Can someone please tell me the best stuff to use on the bumpers and plastic trim over the wheel moldings and bottom sides of the car? I have been using the same stuff I use on the inside of the doors and dashboard (Armor All-type stuff). I was thinking of using stuff for black bumpers on the side and wheel moldings, but don't want to ruin anything. Any advice would be appreciated. This car has a lot of external black plastic/rubber and I'd really like to keep it looking nice. I live in the mountains on a gravel road so my moldings, bumper, and especially the entire rear of the car is covered in white dust every time I drive it. I wash my car so often now (cause it's new) that my water bill has increased...LOL.

Can someone please tell me the best stuff to use on the bumpers and plastic trim over the wheel moldings and bottom sides of the car?

Other people may have their favorites, but I think the two best products are https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) and Eagle 303. Both can be used on exterior and interior plastics and vinyls (and under the hood too), and both have UV protection. The 303 has a slightly more matte finish between the two, while the Vinylex has a little more sheen. Neither are super shiny or greasy (ick).

I tried the suggestion about a pencil eraser on the plastic trim, but it only sligbtly worked. Wax is still definitely there. Maybe try wd40 next? Any other known working solutions?

Lots of Patience AND FINALLY...

I tried the suggestion about a pencil eraser on the plastic trim, but it only sligbtly worked. Wax is still definitely present.

Lots of Patience plus repeated applications using different methods. I would not go out buying additional products either, but is s like after 3-4 months, the old waxes seemed to "fades away until it was gone. THEN ON TO MY SPECIAL SECRET METHOD!
(bang) DISPOSAL OF THE OFFENDING PRODUCTS!

Note: Since I already owned Mequires "Back to Black", I used it as well...results varied!

Last edited:
I tried the suggestion about a pencil eraser on the plastic trim, but it only sligbtly worked. Wax is still definitely present.

I just did mine with an eraser. The results are flawless. I used one of these white ones. I find they work better than the pink ones. And you do need to put some arm into it. But I assure you, they work and are by far the best method I've found.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wd40 and a cotton rag... got some stuck on (unbuffed) turtle wax off line that was there for a long time

Not for after but try Rejex for waxing. It is a very respected polymer that is advertised as not causing those white marks and can be put on all surfaces. I have used it for about 10 years and swear by it. I have never attempted to use it on the black trim on purpose but have plenty of times by accident and it does not stain.
As a side note it keeps bugs off better than any product I have tried. It does require an 8 hour curing time out of the elements(rain and sun) for best results and it is very easy on and off.

Back