Used Yokoham Ascent fair price

:
CX-5, fwd auto
I want to sell used 20,000 miles yokohama ascend tires, but having listed for $100 each, there is no interest. The new tire is approx. $140 plus tax and installation, so after using 20,000 miles out of 65,000 miles, I think $100 USD each is fair price. Can some one chime me on price, am I asking too much or to little?

Thank you

I think you would be lucky to get half that number. I know you will want some explanation as to how I came up with that statement. My gut tells me things, sometimes I listen, sometimes I don't. It is usually right.

Last edited:
They're used tires. Nobody is willing to pay half price let alone over half, regardless of the condition. The type of person who buys used tires is generally too cheap to buy new ones and is looking for a deal. When I sold two tires off my BMW I only got 1/3rd of what they were new.

Thank you Seminole, your explanation make sense. I don't usually buy or sell used tires, so it is great to understand and know the market.

I just bought 4 Yokohama Avid Ascend from the dealer for $422.20, that's $105.55 a tire. (Buy 3 get 1 free promotion this month).
Total cost of 4 tires AND alignment = $599.11 = $149.78/tire.
So yeah, $100 for used tires is waaaaaay too much.

Back