Info buttons on steering wheel

rmmazda

:
CX5 GT
I'm new to CX5 and found those info buttons on the steering wheel are less used/needed than a button which can circle through different input sources (FM1, 2, AM, CD, Bluetooth....). What do you think?

I think it's a toss up. I like the dial on the console that controls the entertainment in the vehicle. I guess I have not had my 2016 long enough to make that determination. I am still discovering things about the CX-5.......and am loving the experience. Really surprise that mazda is such a well kept secret to many people. Consumer Reports ranks Mazda the #2 brand in the country yet it only has a market share of 2%.

I'm new to CX5 and found those info buttons on the steering wheel are less used/needed than a button which can circle through different input sources (FM1, 2, AM, CD, Bluetooth....). What do you think?
Although not too often, I definitely use more INFO button than switching through input sources as I normally lock in to one source, the radio, and seldom change it to anything else. There is no suitable place for INFO button other than steering wheel and it has become a standard location for almost all car brands.

I wish Mazda would offer a software update to allow more information to be displayed. For instance, I'd like to display my speed digitally. I now leave it set to show miles left on remaining fuel, but since the fuel gauge is immediately under it, the information is a bit duplicative.

I wish Mazda would offer a software update to allow more information to be displayed. For instance, I'd like to display my speed digitally. I now leave it set to show miles left on remaining fuel, but since the fuel gauge is immediately under it, the information is a bit duplicative.
I'd imagine most people set display to current MPG which changes the data constantly to make you feel the display is "working hard" and you know how economical on fuel usage with your current driving style.
Four basic values displayed by Mazda's "INFO" is pretty standard for many cars. VW has additional single trip mode to reset the values automatically each time you start the engine. Lexus offers even more display values from INFO display.

I'd imagine most people set display to current MPG which changes the data constantly to make you feel the display is "working hard" and you know how economical on fuel usage with your current driving style.
Four basic values displayed by Mazda's "INFO" is pretty standard for many cars. VW has additional single trip mode to reset the values automatically each time you start the engine. Lexus offers even more display values from INFO display.

I personally hate seeing number in that screen and leave it set to "Info". I don't know why, but I get mpg/range anxiety if I leave it set on Average MPG, Current MPG, or Miles to Empty. And average speed just makes me want to go faster. Also, I find it distracting when something in my dashboard moves/lights up/changes, but has no bearing on my current driving situation. Would be nice if there were an option to see it only as a fuel gauge.

I personally hate seeing number in that screen and leave it set to "Info".
You can do that? I thought you always have to let it display one of the four data? Actually better yet, has an alternative to show a coolant temperature gauge. The whole right round display is made of LCD graphic panel, so it can be done to display a coolant temperature gauge like the "fake" mechanical fuel gauge on T and GT!

Back