Sirius Compatability

dlapolla

:
Mazda 5 2006
I have a 2006 Mazda 5... What parts do I need to make the SAT button work with Sirius. I do not get a radio id number with the SAT or the ESN button...

I believe the OEM satellite radio was an add-on module to the radio. You could in theory source that module and it would be plug and play with your oe stereo, requiring only a disassembly of the dash to plug everything in. I would think it would be a whole lot cheaper to get a decent aftermarket add on Sirius tuner and run it through an aux in, but to each their own.

What sucks is that my radio does not have aux in. It has a media button, but no plug in for it. I am guessing a module is needed for that too? I think im going to upgrade to an ANDROID head unit.

There is a very old DIY on adding an aux in to the factory HU, it involves jumpering some unused plugs on the back of the HU IIRC. Personally I just replaced the original radio with a vastly superior Pioneer double DIN that has everything I wanted built in.

Thanks, I will do some google fu and try to find it. I cannot stand static coming through on my add on sat radio.

^^This^^ Kojack, I hear you on the static thing, I had the same issues with mine and the stock radio (Because FM modulators suck) It was one of the big things that pushed me into an aftermarket radio

In that case I would defineatly run down the old DIY on adding an aux in to the OE head unit, that would be your best bet. IIRC the DIY was on a 06-07 Mazda6 which used the same radio as our cars, it was linked over on the old website (am I dating myself there? LOL)

Back