2016 CX-5, which color?

Sky Blue Mica-phased out of the US market in mid 2014. it was the "intro-colour" for the CX-5 when it first came to market in 2012.

Mine is a 2013 and I bought used, so color wasn't on my list of 'must have'. Oddly enough, where I live, blue is not nearly as common as white/silver/black.

Mine is a 2013 and I bought used, so color wasn't on my list of 'must have'. Oddly enough, where I live, blue is not nearly as common as white/silver/black.

You think those shades are common there, the entire USA is a sea of colorless cars. BORING!

Blue commands a higher resale - over similarly spec'd silver / gray white and black.
I have the dark blue which is hard to maintain - i dont maintain it much lol but a beauty if well kept.

I wanted the dark blue, but my specific package requirements limited me to silver or white... I chose silver.

To put this topic another way, which colors does everyone think are the worst? I don't think I've ever seen a titanium, though it looks nice in the photos. And I've never seen both blues together to compare them.

I have the Titanium. It looks great! It almost seems to change shades at time depending on the lighting. It really pops in the sun.

I have the Titanium. It looks great! It almost seems to change shades at time depending on the lighting. It really pops in the sun.

Have it on my Mazda6 in my avatar.

TitaniumFlashMica. See before people judge this color they have to keep in mind it gives off no less than 3 colors depending on the lighting.

Under fluorescent lighting like in a parking garage - Looks dark grey.
Overcast clouds- Looks light grey
Dusk or dawn- Looks black or dark brown
High noon sunny day- Looks from light bronze to dark brown with a hint of blue accenting some curves. I suspect this is due to the metallic flakes picking up the blue sky color plus dark colored paint produces more of a mirror effect anyways.

I literally have a smile on my face each time I walk up to my ride especially on a sunny day with the paint waxed. (Pic for illustration purposes, not my actual ride)

mazda6_i_grand_touring_1-12.jpg

Last edited:
Have it on my Mazda6 in my avatar.

TitaniumFlashMica. See before people judge this color they have to keep in mind it gives off no less than 3 colors depending on the lighting.

Under fluorescent lighting like in a parking garage - Looks dark grey.
Overcast clouds- Looks light grey
Dusk or dawn- Looks black or dark brown
High noon sunny day- Looks from light bronze to dark brown with a hint of blue accenting some curves. I suspect this is due to the metallic flakes picking up the blue sky color plus dark colored paint produces more of a mirror effect anyways.

I literally have a smile on my face each time I walk up to my ride especially on a sunny day with the paint waxed. (Pic for illustration purposes, not my actual ride)

I agree. It also at times looks to be almost green, like an olive drab color, which I like.

I have the Jet Black and I love it...when it's clean.

Sent from my LG V10

I have the Jet Black and I love it...when it's clean.

Ha! Yeah, we always see professional publicity pics or take pics of our own cars when they're freshly waxed - and they all look dynamite! But when it comes to the real-world condition of our wheels it's a different story.

I just picked up a white 2016.5 AWD Touring last weekend. In my opinion, the white color allows the black trim to stand out making it look sharp! I would have preferred a lighter interior, but I got a great deal so I cant complain!

Back