My 2002.5 P5 AwesomeSauce build thread

your build is coming along nicely. btw not sure which duplicolor paint you used on your lip, but I found that the duplicolor ford cardinal-red is a very close match to the oem classic red.

thanks. that link actually answers your question about the oil cooler water hookups. there should be a bolt on the back of the block you can use to drain coolant, you would tap into that for the U peice line in your pic. it look slike there is a different coolant bypass pipe that connects to the long hose on your cooler. if you didnt get that peice with your kit, you could prob just put a T in your existing one where the heater core hoses attach.

i guess to remove mine ill just have to get some nuts as descibed. gonna be messy me thinks...

thanks. that link actually answers your question about the oil cooler water hookups. there should be a bolt on the back of the block you can use to drain coolant, you would tap into that for the U peice line in your pic. it look slike there is a different coolant bypass pipe that connects to the long hose on your cooler. if you didnt get that peice with your kit, you could prob just put a T in your existing one where the heater core hoses attach.

i guess to remove mine ill just have to get some nuts as descibed. gonna be messy me thinks...

Yea I just looked at my water bypass pipe and its different. Guess I'll be T-ing into it or I might just buy the MSP bypass pipe. lol, good luck.

your build is coming along nicely. btw not sure which duplicolor paint you used on your lip, but I found that the duplicolor ford cardinal-red is a very close match to the oem classic red.

Thanks man! I dont remember which color I used also but Im not liking it anymore. Stands out way to much and the paint is chipping pretty badly from rocks on the road. Might just take it off or redo it or leave it. Just had really bad luck with painting recently. Thanks for the info, Ill look into it.

Replace your A/C blower motor resister it is behind the glove box right next to the plug in the blower. That will fix your fan speed issue.

A lot of updates:
1) Painted all the trim pieces gloss black
o70rjp.jpg

2) Modified my cluster bezel to fit my a/f ratio and boost gauge. Love the way it came out!
2814xv7.jpg

2quukav.jpg

3) Got another amp and somewhat finished my amp rack. Need to cover it but I plan on getting different amps that match and will fit better.
*****Need to take pictures*****

4) Took the head off and started putting parts for the turbo on. The first thing was the msp radiator replacement. Got it from partsgeek brand new for $160. Dont have pics of that. Test fitting the piping cause I was excited and trying to picture what it would look like when everything was all finished. lol
WARNING!!! DIRTY ENGINE BAY
rlzxhj.jpg

1z2n6zp.jpg

5) Next, I painted the valve cover gloss black and sanded down the lettering to have an aluminum finish to it. Love the way this came out. I also went ahead and did the vcts delete. Ported and polish the intake manifold. I dont have any pictures of that apparently even though I took some.......
2v2ig5y.jpg

15zjxjl.jpg

6) I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got some new suspension goodies aswell!
ndlrls.jpg

7) Almost finished with everything and getting ready to start the car for the first time, but with my luck, I switched the cams and had the intake cam on the exhaust side of the motor and the exhaust cam on the intake side of the motor....... What a terrible mistake. I checked timing about 50 times(exaggerating) that day and it was dead on. I saw the letters EX on one of the cams and thought nothing about it. I then looked at the other one and read IN. Then it hit me. I felt like such an idiot. Luckily nothing was damaged when I tried to turn on the car as it barely started.
14czbic.jpg

8) Car is now running but there is an oil leak from the turbo oil return to MBSP. I already ordered a new gasket. Everything else seems to be running fine for now. We'll see if anything else occurs.
You might want to wear headphone and turn the volume up a little.

Last edited:
Alright guys, I have a problem...... My CEL came on 2 days ago and I went to autozone to get it checked out. Unfortunately, the code scanner could not read any of the codes on my car????? It only said "FAIL"..... Does the SSAFC I have installed interfere with a code scanners ability to read codes? I would like to figure out what is causing my CEL to come on.

Wow, good updates man! Love the molded gauge holders, looks super clean (thumb). Nice job on the engine bay clean up too. A little goes a long way, so it still looks much better than stock :D

Wow, good updates man! Love the molded gauge holders, looks super clean (thumb). Nice job on the engine bay clean up too. A little goes a long way, so it still looks much better than stock :D
Thanks! Wish I could do more but I still need a car to drive lol. A little does go a long way. Have some awesome plans to clean up the bay after the car gets painted

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I soaked buddy's turbo in marvel for an hour.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
Hopefully letting it soak will do the trick. Gonna be trying to fix my oil leak tomorrow while the snap ring soaks. Hopefully I can do that as well without taking the intake manifold off. Might be kinda hard to work on the oil cooler but we'll see

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I had the car on Jack stands easy access to the oil cooler from underneath

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Have mine on jack stands right now. Havent looked yet to see if there is anything that will get in the way. Gonna tackle that job first thing tomorrow

Back