My 2002.5 P5 AwesomeSauce build thread

Yes I have. Feels a lot more smoother lol, but I have bad wheel bearings so it's not that smooth(yet). Ordered new wheel bearings already and gonna be changing them out soon

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

As much as I disliked the XXR I think the previous black integrated a lot better with your color scheme...

I think it's cause of the ride height. If the car remained the same height, I think the silver would look way more appealing. These are gonna be my spare wheels for when I get another set of wheels.

The XXRs sold two days after I posted them on Craigslist. I'm guessing a lot people want them cause I got about 6 messages the same day I posted them lol.

Lol, so I took out the ssafc I had and sold it to help fund the rest of parts I'm missing. The stock tune is soooo garbage. Pig rich with a side of hesitation lmao. Guess I'll just stay out of boost.

Biggest mistake ever lol. Never drove the car without the ssafc and now I see what people are talking about with the stock tune, but it went to a friend that just finished his forged engine so I fine with that. I do have enough to buy the haltech sprint 500 that I plan on running but ill save a little more so i can have some breathing room when it comes time to buy everything else. New wheel bearings and hubs came in along with a passenger axle as my old one blew the boot up and shot grease everywhere.

that happened to me too a while back. grease all up on my alternator. it made a bad smell but my mechanic friend said spraying it with brake cleaner was ok for cleaning it out. so far so good. replaced it with a new empi brand passenger axle from rockauto.

Changed out the rear passenger bearing/hub along with the driver front bearing/hub assembly. Car drives sooooo much better now. Feels so smooth. Been driving the car with bad wheel bearings since I first got it. Tried changing out the passenger cv joint but the axle nut is seized on there. Broke a breaker bar and a 1/2 ratchet lol. Going to have a shop try and break it loose. Also did some regular maintenance (spark plugs and accessory belt).

Sent an application for my car to be in WEKFEST and got accepted so I'm pretty hyped about that! First show I applied to.

That's great news. And wekfest looks like alot of fun. The axles and hubs can be very stubborn on these cars.

Last edited:
Even though I'm still missing a lot of stuff, thought I would go ahead and list all the things I currently have. There are waaaay more parts that I have now that are not shown in the picture cause the block had a bunch of missing pieces. I'm only showing the cool stuff lol.

29914243354_1d963ea6f9_b.jpg

- Haltech Sprint 500 ECU
- MAC Boost Control Solenoid
- Painless 3-Circuit Fuse Block
- Molnar Rods
- Wiseco .020 9:1 Pistons
- ACL Complete Bearing Set
- ARP Main Studs
- ARP Head Studs
- Hydra Motorsports Crank Pulley
- Hydra Motorsports Fuel Rail w/o FPR flange
- Hydra Motorsports Straight Neck Thermostat Housing (being shipped)
- Deatschwerks 600cc Injectors (supposedly)
- Deatschwerks 300c (340 lph) Fuel Pump
- GMB Water Pump
- DNJ Timing Kit
- EBay Oil Filter Relocation Kit
- Deutsch Connectors & Accessories

Also going to be changing up my gauge mounting locations. If anyone is interested in my custom cluster bezel, let me know. Going to be changing to a single din radio and having 3 gauges mounted right under the radio.

Also going to be changing up my gauge mounting locations. If anyone is interested in my custom cluster bezel, let me know. Going to be changing to a single din radio and having 3 gauges mounted right under the radio.

Custom cluster bezel as in the two pod one around the gauges? Im interested :)

Back