Enkei rims EKM3 on white Mazda 5 (photos)

:
2014 Mazda5 GT - 6 MT - White
I decided to use the OEM wheels for winter tires. I got a set of Enkei wheels.

Some random photos.

IMG_2565_s.jpg

I put them on to see how they fit (before mounting the tire).

Now I am thinking about painting the calipers.

IMG_2557_s.jpg

IMG_2555_s.jpg

And now they are mounted and balanced with the OEM Toyos. I just have to get them on the car... and go for a ride...

IMG_2566_s.jpg

These are 17x7 with an offset of +45.

Just to compare...
OEM rims are 17x6.5 with +52.5

Using my bathroom scale, these are 9.4 kgs or 20.7 lbs (I put every single one on the scale, all of them the same). Tire Rack says they are 21.0 lbs.

I tried my best to show the difference on the oem rim vs. the enkei

OEM:
IMG_2569_s.jpg

new rims:
IMG_2570_s.jpg

On the car:
IMG_2572_s.jpg

Last photos, just "before" and "after".
Part of this project is to drop the suspension, but that will have to wait.

IMG_2567_s.jpg

IMG_2574_s.jpg

IMG_2576_s.jpg

Why even bother buying new, wider rims if you're going to use the same OEM tires instead of new, better, wider rubber? Seems like a missed opportunity.

Why even bother buying new, wider rims if you're going to use the same OEM tires instead of new, better, wider rubber? Seems like a missed opportunity.

A missed opportunity to... spend more money? LoL

I am doing this project car one step at the time. Honestly, it was all about the budget.

Keep in mind that I got the car last summer. The OEM Toyos are almost new (I have put minimal mileage on the car, it has 6,835 miles). I don't like them Toyos very much, but they are new.

I really wanted to get some Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 from the Tire Rack (who wouldn't want to get some Pilots?), but... with what money? (eek2)

Anyways, in the future when I need tires, I'll go get something better than the Toyos. The opportunity is still there. :p

exactly. If your not driving hard 100 percent of the time, look elsewhere compared to the pilots. they wear quickly. Every set I have owned were not a long lasting tire.

Just an update: Today August 29 '17, I upgraded the tires. It took me a while, but it's done (been thinking about this since May 2015).

Old tires: OEM Toyo PROXES A18 - Size: 205/50 R17
New tires: Pirelli Cinturato P7 - Size: 225/45 R17

Anyone in the Toronto area needs tires? I will post the Toyos for sale in Kijiji

BTW, what's the deal with the pictures I posted before? Nothing is displaying anymore

Back