Is this a good deal? 2015 CX-5 AWD Touring

Nomad83

:
2015 CX-5 AWD Touring
Hello all!

I'm on the verge of joining your ranks as a happy Mazda owner...I just need to know if I'm getting a good deal! There haven't been a lot of discussion on 2015s in the 'what did you pay' thread lately, so I don't have much to compare to.

I've been emailing back and forth with a local dealer on one of the last 2015 CX-5 AWD Touring in Red in the area. MSRP at $28,125, it's outfitted basically how I would actually want it so I'm not paying for anything unnecessary in the accessories bundle (i.e. moonroof, etc).

Between Engagement and Conquest Incentives, the sales price is $24,980 - 3K or 11% off of MSRP. The dealer has been very professional and courteous up to this point, so it would have to be significant savings opportunity to look elsewhere. According to true car, this would fall under 'Unusually Low' category.

It seems like a good deal, I'm just looking for an impartial 3rd party to tell me to stop looking around already and pull the trigger already or that I could do better if I keep looking around or wait for those 2015s to sit around a little longer.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all!

I'm on the verge of joining your ranks as a happy Mazda owner...I just need to know if I'm getting a good deal! There haven't been a lot of discussion on 2015s in the 'what did you pay' thread lately, so I don't have much to compare to.

I've been emailing back and forth with a local dealer on one of the last 2015 CX-5 AWD Touring in Red in the area. MSRP at $28,125, it's outfitted basically how I would actually want it so I'm not paying for anything unnecessary in the accessories bundle (i.e. moonroof, etc).

Between Engagement and Conquest Incentives, the sales price is $24,980 - 3K or 11% off of MSRP. The dealer has been very professional and courteous up to this point, so it would have to be significant savings opportunity to look elsewhere. According to true car, this would fall under 'Unusually Low' category.

It seems like a good deal, I'm just looking for an impartial 3rd party to tell me to stop looking around already and pull the trigger already or that I could do better if I keep looking around or wait for those 2015s to sit around a little longer.

Thanks in advance.

If you are ok with the 2015 model, than there are some discounts to be had. In our area in CA, to start there is $3,500 available for discount off the 2015 cx5. Mazda is discounting the 2015's harder than I have ever seen before. Usually they ramp up the old model discounts slowly, starting with a $1500 discount or so, but this time they are starting with a large discount.

You have a little more leverage because of the older model year, and might want to use the Inventory search tool on the MAZDA website to see if there are any other like vehicles nearby at other dealers. A quick contact to the other dealers may produce a better price to which you then return to your preferred dealer to see if they will BEAT the price.

Is this a good deal? 2015 CX-5 AWD Touring

Between Engagement and Conquest Incentives, the sales price is $24,980 - 3K or 11% off of MSRP.
A friend of mine just got a 2016 CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Package for $27,500 before TTL. It was $3045 off from MSRP $30,545 with all the available incentives! I've seen similar savings on 2016 Touring model too. I understand you want a 2015 CX-5 is because you want better deal. But even if I can get a thousand dollar less on a 2015 model, I'd not hesitate to get a equivalent 2016 CX-5 with all the new improvements. Especially the LED lightings are now available on GT with Tech Package.

With the $ you save you can buy some parts
n5sdbVp.png

Thanks all for the advice and information. Being flexible with the color and configuration, I was able to get some competitive quotes from around the area and it saved another 700 off the MSRP and a better offer on my trade in from my preferred dealer who was more than happy to move inventory to make room for the 2016s.

Final deal:

2015 AWD Touring CX 5
Moonroof/Bose package

MSRP: 28,280
Sale: 24,500

Includes Mazda financing and conquest discounts.

Loving the cx-5 so far, and looking at upgrading the head unit with the money saved :)

Thanks again!

Back