Frequent steering corrections

:
Mazda CX-5 2015 FWD GT
Hi,

Recently I noticed that I need more frequent (than my muscle memory from the past) steering corrections needed at a highway speed. These corrections are subtle to keep the car moving in the center of a lane. Is it fine because of EPS or could it be because of some alignment issue with the car?

Thanks.

First thing I would do is adjust the tire pressure cold in the morning to the recommended pressure on the drivers door frame.

It may be an alignment issue or may be the tires trammeling on grooves in the pavement. Does it happen on perfectly flat and smooth roads?

Just to clarify...are you referring to the Hyundai Elantra you have listed in your profile? or are you referring to a CX5?

If it's for the CX5, it could be an alignment issue that would be best looked at by the dealer since the car could still be under warranty. Tire pressures are a good thing to check as well.

If it's for your Elantra....depending on the generation...they've never really had that great of steering precision in the first place, so it could be a normal thing?

It is for my CX-5. Thanks deepfriedsushi to point out my profile needs an update.

Back