Help!! Need prices of MSP's sold as a whole, operating car!

Help!!

Sad to see but my MSP was totaled out and the insurance company is giving me such a hard time about the value. They're using Protg LX and EX's as "comparable" vehicles (bs) I'm sure others have had this trouble. It would be great if people could post their ads and sale prices for others to show as proof of value. The more detail the better. I am having trouble finding any mazdaspeeds on craigslist even, so this could be a great resource for those that find themselves in this situation.

I just need an idea of the going rate for an MSP in good-great condition (only minor cosmetic issues) with little to no "mods". Feel free to post up whole cars in various conditions since I can use that as a starting point.

Thank you to any that can help!

Check autotrader, or go to the DMV to get a black/blue book value, or buy the little book at Chapters or Coles bookstores/

Clean MSPs under 100k miles usually list $5-6k, some as high as 9-10k from some dealers due to the rarity of the cars. They aren't 'worth' that much, blue book is around $3-5k depending on condition and mileage.

My 2003.5 is stock, has just under 70k on it, and I wouldn't sell it for less than 6. Probably more like $6500.
Rare is right. I argued with the parts guy at my local Mazda dealer...He swears up and down that there was never any such thing as a factory turbocharged Protege.
I won't be going back to Ocean Mazda in Santa Cruz anytime soon. (yupnope)
spicy_market.JPG

Help!!

Sad to see but my MSP was totaled out and the insurance company is giving me such a hard time about the value. They're using Protg LX and EX's as "comparable" vehicles (bs) I'm sure others have had this trouble. It would be great if people could post their ads and sale prices for others to show as proof of value. The more detail the better. I am having trouble finding any mazdaspeeds on craigslist even, so this could be a great resource for those that find themselves in this situation.

I just need an idea of the going rate for an MSP in good-great condition (only minor cosmetic issues) with little to no "mods". Feel free to post up whole cars in various conditions since I can use that as a starting point.

Thank you to any that can help!

I have never seen a running unsalvaged MSP listed for under $3500.

The insurance company will do whatever they can do to make their margins... Were you paying the RATES of a MSP? lol You bet you were! (burnout)

Use NADA and KBB to help with pricing, and search the different national car classifieds to find some examples.

such as ... auto trader

Last edited:
Damn that is one disgusting monstrosity, without the horrendous body kit and stupid airbrush s*** it would be a nice car. And worth about $7k max

^+1, a lot of used MSP's pop up in the NW on craigslist

There is one for sale in Eugene right now too, but this guy is clearly off his rocker with that price tag.
http://eugene.craigslist.org/ctd/5009667666.html

Plus the damn thing is hideous.

Damn that is one disgusting monstrosity, without the horrendous body kit and stupid airbrush s*** it would be a nice car. And worth about $7k max

Yikes! Lol (boom03)

Wow...you guys summed it up pretty well. I think the ad should read two-tone paint after looking at the second pic from the left. And the bumper fitment is baaaaad.

Wow...you guys summed it up pretty well. I think the ad should read two-tone paint after looking at the second pic from the left. And the bumper fitment is baaaaad.

What's with all the hate? I actually like the way it looks, the bodykits clean looking with a good paint job plus the airbrush work is intricate and beautiful. I'm not saying I'd do that to my MSP but I can definitely appreciate good work when I see it but...to each his own I guess. I must say, $14,900 is ridiculous even after all that work, at best its worth $7500 or so.

OP, go to kbb or autotrader, that would be your best bet rather then posting on here and getting "well I bought/sold my car for X."

To each his own. No need to make anyone feel like less than a Mazda enthusiast because they can appreciate a different style of car than you.
That said, here's a pic of some Mexicans checking out a DONKed FC.
WTFLOLFC.jpg

Back