Anyone backup their TomTom SD card to a new Blank SD Card?

Buzzer777

:
Mazda,CX-5, AWD,2015 Grand Touring, Meteor Gray Mica
Has anyone backuped their TomTom SD card to a new Blank SD Card?

I would love to have a spare for my Nav unit and was curious if the card that comes from the factory was anything "special"
The only things I know about the original card is that it is Married to the ECU, is MS-DOS formatted, and is 8.03 Gig, which means I would have to use a 16g SD for a copy.
TIA

I've just used 8GB cards for mine. Originally I guess they came with 4GB cards but map data exceeded it so in '15 maybe they went or larger size. Someone with a '14 will have to validate that though.

I just use the dd command on my OS X box to make a backup image and then restore to another card.

Thank you Kedis82ZE8

I've just used 8GB cards for mine. Originally I guess they came with 4GB cards but map data exceeded it so in '15 maybe they went or larger size. Someone with a '14 will have to validate that though.

I just use the dd command on my OS X box to make a backup image and then restore to another card.

Thank you Kedis82ZE8:

I will hoof it down to the store and purchase a 16 g card...(I only have a ton of 8's!

Sounds easy enough..

Tomorrow I will make a trip to the dealer to see if they can fix the Nav issue that I mentioned about needing to remove (reset) the SD card so it can "see" the maps...PIA. Will also see if they can update the firmware, since I do not have a Mazda Connect account..
Will post their findings.

I did speak to a service person, who has their own CX-5 w/ Tomtom Nav. They said that over 90% of the service calls have been an issue with TomTom Nav...for one thing or another..(yawn)

Back