new to the forum and 3M Clear Bra CX-5 cost sharing!

mosy

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Hi All,
Just pick up my new 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, can't be more excited about the new ride. With all my other cars first thing I am going to do is put on clear bra on the bumper, fender and hood. Anyhow, I am ordering from the site in the link below and will be ordering the film with the "insurance" add-on. Meaning I will be getting a second set, just in case I screw up the install!

So if anyone is interested in potentially cost sharing with me, meaning if I don't screw up the install you can have my backup set and the install kit too!

Here is what I am going to install, I am springing for the Scotchgard Pro for the bumper, hood and fender.
2015 Mazda CX5: Bumper Kit (Scotchgard Pro)
2015 Mazda CX5: Hood, Fender and Mirror Kit (Scotchgard Pro)
2015 Mazda CX5: Headlight Kit, Clear Color (Venture Shield Ultra)
2013 MAZDA CX-5 GRAND TOURING AWD: Rear Bumper Deck Kit (VentureShield Ultra)

FYI, its suppose to be the same from 2013 - 2015 CX-5. Only difference is the side mirror, some have turn indicator.

Its basically $448 for the 1st and $213 for the "insurance" set. total of $660. If any one is interested in splitting the $660 with me, we can basically get the set at 74% of the original price!(boom08)
Please PM if you are interested. I will consider piecing it out, but my first preference is sharing the whole set. It's less painful that way!

anyhow, glad to join the forum! I am thinking the paddle shifter after the clear bra! woo(lol2)

M

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bi...e=MAZDA&model=CX-5&submodel=GRAND+TOURING+AWD

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bi...arch&year=2015&make=Mazda&model=CX5&submodel=

*Update*
Got the 3M Clear Bra installed. Most of it was pretty easy, the headlight was a pain, had to pull and stretch it over the hump in the headlight. Some stretch mark, but not noticeable in the picture. Practiced on the rear bumper guard, which was pretty easy. See the attached pictures!

also, I have the extra set if anyone is interested, reply this thread or PM me.

or if anyone needs any help or tips on the install feel free to ask.

CX5_3M_Front.jpg
CX5_3M_Hood_Line.jpg
CX5_3M_Headlight.jpg
CX5_3M_Rear.jpg
CX5_3M_Rear_Closeup.jpg

Last edited:
Both my z06 and 370z got near full wraps. The #1 mistake most make is using alcohol based cleaner on the headlamps made of polycarbonate. In a few years they will crack and haze if you do. Water base only! My installer primarily did vipers and vettes and was an artist to watch at work. That stuff takes serious talent to do well.

I purchased and self installed their lower tier film a CX-5 kit from this company in 2012. For the price this stuff is legit. The only con is the cutout pattern had like 95 percent coverage of front bumper. That's still pretty good though. Anyways, 3 years later and the film is not discolored. The headlight film is crystal clear. I clean with microfiber towels with plain water. I had experience with film prior to installing this kit. Main advice is to READ Directions.

I purchased and self installed their lower tier film a CX-5 kit from this company in 2012. For the price this stuff is legit. The only con is the cutout pattern had like 95 percent coverage of front bumper. That's still pretty good though. Anyways, 3 years later and the film is not discolored. The headlight film is crystal clear. I clean with microfiber towels with plain water. I had experience with film prior to installing this kit. Main advice is to READ Directions.

Ya, the online video helped a lot too. The good thing is with plenty of soapy water you can work on placement as long as you want.

m

Back