New CX-5 owner

2SOONJR

:
2016 cx-5
Hello,

New to the forums, and just purchased my 2016 white touring cx-5 yesterday. Picked it up in auto because I'm tired of driving stick. Opted for the fwd drive because I already have a AWD. Love the car so far, and prefer it over the rally beast.

Unfortunately, there were already drilled plates when I purchased the car. Is there any sort of license plate delete or color matched plugs I can use on them?

Thanks!

Hello and welcome!

If you are in Calif. you may wish to check your DMV laws about front plates. You are probably screwed, especially since there is a plate bracket on your CX-5.

I had to do some checking myself (Nevada). Since there is NO Bracket and no holes were drilled, on my auto, it appears that I do not have to use a front plate...

If you do have to have one, I would check around for a Steel plate bracket, since these plastic bumpers do not offer a decent mounting option. I had one on my Outback but have not located the part for a Mazda.

Best wishes...

Hello,

New to the forums, and just purchased my 2016 white touring cx-5 yesterday. Picked it up in auto because I'm tired of driving stick. Opted for the fwd drive because I already have a AWD. Love the car so far, and prefer it over the rally beast.

Unfortunately, there were already drilled plates when I purchased the car. Is there any sort of license plate delete or color matched plugs I can use on them?

Thanks!

Make sure they didn't drill 3 holes... Not sure which dealer did it to mine.. but my car was from Fremont Mazda also (though it was traded from Maita Mazda in Sacramento I believe)

Having front plate is a hit or miss in California, really depends on how lucky if the police really enforce it or not. ;)

Make sure they didn't drill 3 holes... Not sure which dealer did it to mine.. but my car was from Fremont Mazda also (though it was traded from Maita Mazda in Sacramento I believe)

Having front plate is a hit or miss in California, really depends on how lucky if the police really enforce it or not. ;)

That's cool. I picked mine up from Yama. Yeah, I've gotten pulled over 3-4 times for no plates, but I've always been kind so no ticket. I just prefer it without the plates.

Welcome! Or as this guy may say..
n5sdbVp.png

Check the parts link in my sig for start.

Thanks! Unfortunately, this car will most likely stay stock because my parents wanted to use it on the weekends.

Back