Transmission Motor Mount Replacement 2008 Mazda5

MarkVII88

:
2012 Mazda5 Sport AT
A couple weeks ago I replaced the driver's side transmission mount on our 2008 Mazda5. Back in September, I replaced both the passenger motor mount, which had ruptured, and the rear motor mount. I went to Rockauto and bought the DEA #A4414 mount for the transmission. The car currently has about 80K miles.

Before
Trans Mount 01.jpg

Step 1. Remove air intake, battery cover, battery, and battery box. There will be some electrical connectors and a vacuum line that need disconnection.
Trans Mount 03.jpg

Step 2. Under the battery box, there is a bracket covering the trans mount. Remove it and you'll see the entire mount.
Trans Mount 04.jpg

Step 3. Put a jack under the transmission to support it, then remove 17mm bolt through the center of the mount. Remove old mount and put in the new one. Torque the 17mm bolt to 75 ft/lb then remove the jack below.
Trans Mount 05.jpg

Step 4. Replace the bracket, battery box, air intake and re-connect all lines and electrical connections.

Here's what the old transmission mount looked like once I took it out. From some others that I've seen I thought my old mount looked pretty good, but then I noticed the thin crack along the left edge. It's a split in the rubber that went the entire width of the mount. It wasn't completely falling apart but it was on its way out.
Trans Mount 06.jpg

In step 2, the TCM is the device in the upper right portion of the pic with a plug (bundles of wires)

Can I remove the metal plate around without removing the center Bolt or that is a single piece?

Thanks for the pics that really is a big help. I will be tackliing all three once I have the front suspension sorted out, mine makes ominous thunking and groaning sounds under certain conditions that I'm positive are mount related

Back