Race-Roots Oil Filter Relocation Kit

the_wagon

:
2003 Mazda Protege 5
Hey All,

Has anyone purchased/installed this Race-Roots oil filter relocation kit?

http://raceroots.com/index.php/products/mazda/rx8/engine-and-accessories/oil-filter-relocation-kit.html

Reading on the RX8club forums I see that some people have had leakage issues. I'd like to confirm that the diameter of the mating gasket on the filter adapter compatible with the machined mating surface on the engine block (ie. the same as the OEM oil filter).

I was in contact with Brice at Race-Roots, but the email trail has gone cold without having this question answered.

Any comments would be much appreciated! Thanks.

I can't imagine the rx8 needs that; factory location is very easy to reach, IMO. That's about all I can say about the product.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking more so to hear from someone that had used the product.

My reason for using the product is not because the filter is difficult to reach, but is to accommodate the installation of an aftermarket oil cooler.

Since posting this, I did have further discussions with the manufacturer and ended up purchasing the unit. I'm quite pleased with the construction and quality. I've got a few hundred kms on the car since installation and haven't found any leaks (yet anyway).

Not familiar with RX-8's by why the need for an aftermarket oil cooler? Doesn't it already have two stock?

Back