Low fuel light chime / ding

I would expect that running out of fuel once would be enough to train a normal adult but, I could be wrong. Put sticker on the dash board that "READ FUEL GAUGE". Maybe that will be embarrassment enough but. it not, you have a much larger problem IMO. Ed

You should be checking gauges every 2 minutes, minimum.

No. No you shouldn't. Of course, a pilot trained you. ;)

I wouldn't want a chime. That would annoy me. My old Saab had a small second screen above the dash. It did not **** around when you got low:

BF608917_6636b2.jpg

It would also display that in the dash.

I wouldn't want a chime. That would annoy me. My old Saab had a small second screen above the dash. It did not **** around when you got low:

BF608917_6636b2.jpg

So how often do you check gauges?

On the later models with the tft centre dash, the whole of the readout turns orange with a big warning message and a chime. Maybe time to upgrade if you need some help driving.

Imagine the future with electric cars. Range anxiety? What range anxiety? No need to be anxious when all the warnings and chimes are ignored and blissful ignorance is dominant. Hopefully the breakdown service will cover it. And no, this is not aimed at anyone in particular.(spin)

BF608917_6636b2.jpg

Not good enough. The warning display should be in red, and start flashing at very low - should also be a voice saying "Bingo Fuel" over & over

Imagine the future with electric cars. Range anxiety? What range anxiety? No need to be anxious when all the warnings and chimes are ignored and blissful ignorance is dominant. Hopefully the breakdown service will cover it. And no, this is not aimed at anyone in particular.(spin)

Yeah, but as someone who got a LEAF as a loaner when my 370Z was in the shop...delivered to me with 42 miles charge...and told "It's over $100 to jump you off...and that's on you..." and discovering that 4 hours on a standard extension cord got me 4 more miles...bro, it's a real thing!

This.

Rarely have I experienced cars with low fuel chimes.

my '04 VW GTI has it. Perfect when traveling long distances on our great highway system.

It also beeps when my washer fluid reaches a low fill point.

I guess no low fuel chimes explains why I see so many modern cars on the side of the road getting fuel put in them. Boggles my mind how ppl don't know they need to get gas; yet don't and keep driving.

my '04 VW GTI has it. Perfect when traveling long distances on our great highway system.

It also beeps when my washer fluid reaches a low fill point.

I guess no low fuel chimes explains why I see so many modern cars on the side of the road getting fuel put in them. Boggles my mind how ppl don't know they need to get gas; yet don't and keep driving.

Haha

Oh, if you only knew...

Most people are blissfully ignorant of the true attributes of most people.

Back