Best Off-Road/Mud/Snow Tires

Are these really +30 offset? IF so that would move the outer edge of the wheel 3.15" out away from the hug, plus another 0.5" for the wider wheel.
It doesn't look like those are 3.5"+ farther out. They look more like -30 offset, but I could be wrong....?

Yes they are +30. Test fitted and measured at the shop. Keep in mind that each wheel design may vary how far out they go. So a 30+ for one wheel design may not fit exactly like another with the same offset and width.

Last edited:
well id be happy to help them. ive got few pics like Richness does showing the CX-5 doing some off roady things.

and with the winter blend gas out, im down to around 23.5-24 mpg, heck that's what i used to get in my 05 mazda3, and the cx-5 is bigger, more comfortable and better when i turn off the paved road so i'm not upset buy the hit.

the one thing i will suggest, find a wheel that is under 20 lbs, the tire is definitely heavier so getting a lighter wheel will keep the total weight close to stock, i think that's part of the reason mine isn't such a big hit.

this is with a +35 offset, i believe you are getting +/- offset mixed up....
31398808186_74cf29cb38_c.jpg

im running a 17x8 +35 offset
28646291400_988599f520_c.jpg

I agree with everything thejeans said. My wheels are 20lbs ea so the end up being 1lb less than my stock 19" wheel/tire combo.

after this past weekend, im completely sold on the Falken AT3W's, between stream crossings, small mud holes, and driving up steep dirt/gravel roads to covered in 2-3" of fresh snow, driving out of the mountains on paved roads covered in 3-4" of fresh snow. i never felt like the car wasnt going to do what i wanted it to.

32248695770_cf28cbb7e8_c.jpg

after this past weekend, im completely sold on the Falken AT3W's, between stream crossings, small mud holes, and driving up steep dirt/gravel roads to covered in 2-3" of fresh snow, driving out of the mountains on paved roads covered in 3-4" of fresh snow. i never felt like the car wasnt going to do what i wanted it to.

32248695770_cf28cbb7e8_c.jpg

(2thumbs) Same here.

I have my eyes on a set of wheels that are on clearance that I really like but my only concern is the tire fitment within the wheel well. I am planning on moving to Colorado in February and I'm looking into some all terrain tires. The wheels Im thinking about getting are 17x8 with offset of +45mm while I am thinking of getting a tire size of 245/65-17. Anyone have any reccomendations regarding fit/rubbing, etc?

Latest posts

Back