Best Off-Road/Mud/Snow Tires

Do you have 20" rims? I saw some old forum posts that people with 20" rims have tires too wide for chains. Cars with 17 or 18" are fine (not sure about 19")

Not sure if it's a CA thing, this is the first disclaimer of it's type I've ever received. I do have the stock 19" wheels though, so that could play into it.

just got 16x7 rota boost wheel et40 for pretty cheap. weighs 16#

ordered 1 - 245/70r16 General grabber at2 for test fitting - 29.5" diameter

in this link you can that someone has fit bfg ko2s in same size / diameter. overall weight of the mix will be less than OEM 19"
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/1721492/blog/31407579/

CJ wilson zombie vehicle has fit 235/70r17 tires on theirs which is 29.9" diameter tire.

wanted to share this info to anyone that is interested in offroad / A/T tire options.
will come back n post my experience after tire gets here and test fitting.

I wouldn't use chains for that. You are asking to throw one and totally screw up your vehicle. My Dad taught me always use the right tool for the job. In this case the CX5 is very poor tool choice. I got rid of my Xterra because I didn't need a vehicle that would do that anymore.

Interesting, my CX-5 came with a Tire Chain Disclaimer that stated "As equipped, this vehicle may not be operated with tire chains but may accommodate some other type of tire traction device. See the owners manual for details" (see image below). I had to sign an acknowledgement that I received this disclosure. I assume if there is any tire chain damage then I'm on the hook for it. Did the '14's not have this?

Contrary to the Owner's Manual and created by an independent law firm. Not likely from Mazda, but you signed it. Might it be a CA DoT requirement?

Please take pics. I'm nervous about going bigger than the 225/65/17 stock size, but if 245/65/17 works good for you i'd like to see.
0e6ad22504.jpg

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/1721492/blog/31407579/

I haven't ran them yet but I do have a set of 245/65/17 waiting for some wheels to put them on. I let everyone know how they do. I like the semi-aggressive look.

Awesome! let me know how they are, the noise, the ride etc. what wheels are you looking at?

Latest posts

Back