Hello Again! New issues with the engine!

ForCom5

:
'02 Proteg5 / base
Hi all! Me again!

First off, you all have been more than amazing in helping me with my issues and saving me (literal) hundreds of dollars. Usually, I'd prefer to leave it at that because I'd rather like to contribute more to the community than to simply "use" it. But I'm afraid I'm low on options and I need some advise.

Now then, a loving lists of issues ranging in severity:

1) The car is now overheating very often! Turns out, there's a leak somewhere...because whenever I drive somewhere (though with a full coolant tank) I always arrive empty of really low; although it never drains when I fill it initially. Naturally, overheating while driving means I lose steering, brakes, and acceleration abilities. :/ Any other possibilities? That seems too easy.

2) Something in the engine in whining while the car is in neutral, at low speeds, when a small amount of acceleration is applied to the gas, and while steering at low speeds. A serpentine belt, maybe? There's a new amount of Black Sludge (see here for photos) that is around the belt...not sure where it originated, but it is very new.

3) Fuel economy remains halved, even after replacing the EGR Vacuum Solenoid, I'm still experiencing approx. 16-17 MPG. :( (Full Disclosure, I have not yet checked/cleaned the EGR Valve, but I intend to).

Any input on any of the issues is of course, much obliged.

I think I at the very least, I owe you all a photo of the car itself!

M7MUSdil.jpg

(And no, that is not Factory Red, alas)

Thanks again for any input!

Somewhat related to 2.

It turns out there's a slow leak in my power steering fluid. Marvelous.

Bought fluid and topped in off after spinning the wheel a few times. So that issue is resolved...although the black sludge is still interesting...

Back