FSDE to FSZE

hello all ,
I recently had the fsde motor taken out of my car and the replacement was a fsze . obviously the fsze wasn't my first choice but was the only motor I got my hands on . Anyway everything for the most part hooked back up just fine all except the knock sensor which is lacking the entire connection . The mechanic who swapped motors swore up and down that he connected the knock sensor and that it was located on the driver side opposed to the passenger side where it's shown to be on diagrams .
I had the CEL checked out and there's several codes . PO325 PO507 PO850
one for the knock sensor, another for faulty neutral switch and the third for iac or possible large vac leak.
I don't see how the iac would be crapped out if it was fine before the swap but who the hell knows , right ?
well the car does run but it runs like absolute s***. I recently helped a buddy I met on the forum install a boost gauge and so I know or atleast think I know there's no vac leak, and the wga seems ok as well.
When the car is started it idles to about 2500 rpm then drops to 1k and fluctuates from 1k-2k rpm for a while. Once u drive it then it's idles almost normal .
I give the car gas and it wants to go but hesitates like crazy . it almost feels like it's in limp mode but idk if it actually is . I've been told that my plugs aren't gapped correctly at .040 like the recommend says but should be from .028-.030 ... would plugs honestly make that big of a difference ?
all in all my car is like a damn woman with her mood swings , she's driving fine one minute and the next she's driving like s*** . I honestly don't know wtf is going on but it's really annoying trying to drive such a fun car when it's running like this .
Hopefully you guys have some input or anything at all that could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.. Thank you !

The Fs-ze has higher compression, will benifit running a higher octane fuel then the Fs-de, check intake hose for cracking too, if you're still running the usdm ecu then changing to mp3 ecu will also make a good improvement for the Fs-ze.

Back