Fumoto Drain Plug Options

:
2023 CX5 Turbo
In my opinion the standard inverted oil drain plug hex is a bad design. If you strip it out then it would be quite a job getting the plug out one last time. As a result, I've been looking at the Fumoto Oil Drain valves. It looks like there are at least three that will fit our cars:
F106N - regular nipple
F106- no nipple
F106S- short nipple

I'm kind of leaning towards the F106S short nipple but wanted to get some opinions first from those that have already made the switch. Thanks in advance.

Interesting. I wonder if there is standard Drain plug bolt that would work? One that uses an external hex bolt and not an internal hex. You know so you could use a box end wrench and not have to worry about stripping it out.

Yes there are plenty of them on ebay. it's just a 14MM x 1.5. I figured as long as I'm replacing the factory plug I must just go to the Fumoto type as it looks more convenient.

I think the drain plug design is an excellent one. Much lest chance of messing the plug up.

Yea people use them. I had one on my 13 about to oil chnage on my 15 forgot I need to buy one of these. old one went with the car

Just grab the one with a short nipple, if you come across a 3/8" tubing you can attach it to make a cleaner lube job even more mess free.

The fumoto valve comes with some kind of gasket on the threads to the oil pan. When installing this valve in place of the plug, you use that gasket that comes with the valve INSTEAD of the drain plug washer, or do you use the gasket AND a washer? Or just the washer and toss the gasket?

Thanks

Nice easy change with Fumoto. It was nice draining right into the container. My valve came with the tubing to drain into container. It took maybe 15 minutes to drain. Longer than just pulling the plug but convenience is worth it. Not need to get out the torque wrench every time for the plug and the extra step of pouring the oil into the recycling container.

Which part number are you guys using? The website was confusing. They have recommendations but then have extenders and adapters. I thought no I'd want the one with the nipple.

Back