2016 Grill vs. 2013-2015

2013-15 or 2016 front grill

• 2013-2015 grill

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • 2016 grill

Votes: 96 74.4%

• Total voters
TampaMS3: So you did the swap? The 2014 looks terrific! Was it a direct replacement and what did it cost?

TampaMS3;6381647here is my old 2014 GT [IMG said:
http://s11.postimg.org/co1sd5ehv/Alex_CX16.jpg[/IMG]

Didn't you have the huge 275's all around? Why did you choose to not mount them on your 16? Congrats, btw!

(yes)
Didn't you have the huge 275's all around? Why did you choose to not mount them on your 16? Congrats, btw!

Going to mount the rims soon and the others parts (laugh) Racing Beat muffler

image.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into this swap recently? I have a 2015, and am not a fan of the grill. I love the 2016 grill. Not concerned with the fog lights. I'd really like to know the price of this installation.

Has anyone looked into this swap recently? I have a 2015, and am not a fan of the grill. I love the 2016 grill. Not concerned with the fog lights. I'd really like to know the price of this installation.
Making queries over the phone and the internet with different Mazda parts people, I've gotten conflicting answers as to whether this is a plug-n-play swap out or not. So I haven't pursued pricing info. It all hinges on whether the bumper valance for the 2016 is the same part number as the previous models, which I haven't dug deep enough to be certain one way or the other. From what I know, the price of the grill is not prohibitive; $200-250, but that's just the grill itself. There are other parts (brackets and such) that add cost to the job.

Making queries over the phone and the internet with different Mazda parts people, I've gotten conflicting answers as to whether this is a plug-n-play swap out or not. So I haven't pursued pricing info. It all hinges on whether the bumper valance for the 2016 is the same part number as the previous models, which I haven't dug deep enough to be certain one way or the other. From what I know, the price of the grill is not prohibitive; $200-250, but that's just the grill itself. There are other parts (brackets and such) that add cost to the job.

Ah ok. Thanks for the response!! I've read similar pricing for the 2016 grill. I've also seen a tutorial on YouTube about how to remove and install the bumper. Doesn't look like a difficult job. Hopefully the brackets are interchangeable, and can just use the existing ones.

I changed to the new grill. It is not plug and play.

The metal bracket behind is different so you will need to change that.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438666726.911527.jpg

I bought the oem parts directly from Japan through a friend so I can't remember exact prices.

I actually didn't know the updated metal bracket was required. So when I brought it to my mechanic to install he just took the original bracket out completely and made it fit without a replacement piece. Probably not recommended though haha

I bought the oem parts directly from Japan through a friend so I can't remember exact prices.

I actually didn't know the updated metal bracket was required. So when I brought it to my mechanic to install he just took the original bracket out completely and made it fit without a replacement piece. Probably not recommended though haha

Ah ok, thanks for the reply. I'll have to do some more research to see how much it would cost here in the states.

RedPanda: A few questions:
1. What year is your CX-5?
2. Did your front bumper valance have to be modified in any way to accept the new parts or is it the same valance as the 2016?
3. Aren't he emblems interchangeable on the old and new grilles?
4. In the ebay ad, which picture is the bracket and which one is the lower seal?
Thanks for your report on this swap. This is very helpful!

Ah ok, thanks for the reply. I'll have to do some more research to see how much it would cost here in the states.
Using the parts listed by RedPanda (same as in the eBay ad), total price from Mazdapartswholesale.com is about $290.

Using the parts listed by RedPanda (same as in the eBay ad), total price from Mazdapartswholesale.com is about $290.

That's not bad. I'm going to wait a few months and ask my local body shop guy (who did my recent repair) if he can do it.

1. My CX-5 is a 2013 model
2.I wasn't around when my mechanic installed the grill, but I don't think the bumper valance has to be modified to fit. Only the top piece and maybe the metal bracket is different.
3.The new and old front emblems are different parts. Old: 51-740 vs New: 51-730
4. The bracket they're referring to is the round Black Emblem Holder.
The lower seal is the top plastic panel

Here's more info I found. This should be the complete list of parts needed for the swap, plus pic of the updated metal bracket

Mazda CX-5 KE 2014.11 -
Parts Number
KA0G-50-710B (Radiator grille)
KA0G-50-716D (Lower Seal) <--Top Plastic Panel
KD45-50-0K1B (Retainer) <-- Long Metal Bracket
KA0G-51-730 (Emblem)
KA0G-50-721A (Bracket) <-Emblem Holder

jdmyamato-img600x450-14303778409ngg2m26441.jpg

RedPanda: A few questions:
1. What year is your CX-5?
2. Did your front bumper valance have to be modified in any way to accept the new parts or is it the same valance as the 2016?
3. Aren't he emblems interchangeable on the old and new grilles?
4. In the ebay ad, which picture is the bracket and which one is the lower seal?
Thanks for your report on this swap. This is very helpful!

Last edited:
Back