Bluetooth SMS and Contacts Fix

wushupa

:
2016 CX-5 GT
Hey gang!

I just purchased my 2016 CX-5 GT last week. I was having issues getting my Galaxy Note II to sync my contacts (only a small portion would download) as well as receive SMS. After an email and 2 calls to tech support I was left with the impression that it was my phone that was having issues. I tried troubleshooting with a friends S4 and everything worked fine. I was all set to get anew phone but decided to do a little research on my own. So after about 15 minutes of searching I found these two workarounds that are saving me the cost of a new phone :)

To fix SMS issues simply clear the SMS box in your phone and reboot your phone. Resync your phone with your Mazda and it should be good to go.

The fix for the contact book issue was simple, but not free. I ran across a post in another forum that suggested that the issue is because of some BT compatibility issues. The following app was suggested as a means to bypass the usual protocol.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc&hl=en

I installed it, opened the app and re-synced my phone. Like magic, all of my contacts were properly imported. The app only cost $1.99 and was money well spent. The only downside is that you have to make sure that the app is open every time you sync your phone.

Hope this helps :)

That works for mine for a couple weeks, then it stops working again, until I completely un-pair, power down, re-pair, then good for another couple weeks... It's getting kind of old!! :-/

Not working for me ... In my 2016 CX-5 using a Moto G it seems very random. Remove and email address or maybe not. Mutiple numbers for a contact .... Sometimes not. I do not have a some card so that's not it ... Nor do I have an SD card. And oddly, it brings some people in when only some Google groups are selected but not when all groups are selected. Very frustrating.

Ok ... did find a work around that works for me ... and possibly the problem though I cannot be exactly sure.
Phone: Moto G / Android / Verizon Prepaid 3g / No Sim / No SD
SUV: 2016 CX-5 Sport non TomTom electronics

- Work Around: Created a Limited Group in my Gmail contacts just for the CX-5. Using the above linked Bluetooth Phonebook app ... this worked perfectly. I really do not need every contact I have to by synced to me car.

- But Possible reason for my problem of not being able to upload all contacts. Looked for oddities in the contacts that were not uploading. At first I thought it was the ones that also had email address ... that would have been a bummer ... but that was not it. What I discovered was it seems like it may be related to having the area code enclosed in parenthesis with no dash after. Best I could tell these were not uploading (000) 000-0000 / These were 000-000-0000. BUT... once I created a group I also changed the number format so I am not sure if this was it or not.

More testing and will report back.

Just joined and I was frustrated, until I saw this thread. Just took delivery yesterday and the above workaround works for me. Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5/AT&T running Android v5.0 with a 64 gb SD (used for photos). SUV: 2016 CX-5 Touring No tech package.

The Workaround as MrM1 described worked for me. I created a group in my Gmail Contacts just for the car ("car favorites") and then used Bluetooth Phonebook (agreed, best $1.99 car accessory EVER) and told it to only use the group "car favorites." Didn't even have to re-pair the car. It updated my contacts and only took those I put in that group. I don't need every contact synced to my car either. In fact, if I do need the occassional contact, I can still bring it up on my phone and it will dial from there and put it through the car's audio.

I'm not sure about the format of the pbonoe number being the culprit -- first off, I can't change the format for some reason. I have mixed formats but all of them in my "car favorites" group uploaded successfully. Also , I took this as an opportunity to clear out my contacts box. Without the bluetooth app, it seemed to want to take everybody who's ever emailed me anything --and that I returned -- (job recruiters, etc., who I will never speak to again!).

Meantime, I checked the version number on my car firmware and it's something like 51.00.053. I see there's a v55.0 out there -- and my dealer owes me a few things that I'll be picking up in about two weeks, so I'll make an appointment to get this upgraded. I know that will wipe out everything when I do that, but now that I'm getting the hang of the car's OS, it will be good to start over with a fresh flash. So I'll do some testing on my own and report back.

Just got my CX-5 today. All is well except no email and no messages or notifications. iPhone 6S with latest version IOS 9. Build date on my car 8/2015. Apparently no fix for this yet?

Fyi, I got the upgrade to 55 on the firmware, and I expected to process to wipe out all my other settings (favorite radio stations, etc) but it didnt. I'm note sure if the upgrade fixed the original issue, since I still have Bluetooth Phonebook, and I like that feature where I can tell BT Phonebook which groups to include/exclude from the Sync. So, no real update except that the firmware upgrade didnt wipe things outand BTPB is still worth the $1.99.

Back