Auto folding mirror kit

Skippa

:
mazda cx-5 sport nav 2015
New here - any help here would be most appreciated.

Has anyone bought and installed the Mazda auto folding door mirror kit? If so, I'd be interested to know what was involved - should I attempt this myself or have the dealer do it? The car is only 3 days old but I'm missing the auto folding door mirrors already !!! Loving the car though.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

I didn't know Mazda had such a kit and would like more information. Ed

In other markets you can get power-fold mirrors which fold in at the press of a button.

Do you already have the folding mirrors? I think that link is just to a module which makes them auto fold after the car is shut off. It should be pretty straight forward to plug it in somewhere. It actually might not even be a module, but some type of software change. I know on my old BMW I had to manually press a button to fold the mirrors each time. I had someone code the car to make it where they would open and close automatically if you locked or unlocked the car.

If your mirrors don't already have the button you press to manually fold them, this will likely do nothing.

It won't do anything if you don't have power fold, I was looking to order a kit myself, until I read into that.

Thanks for your replies....I have powered mirrors but need to turn the button to fold them in (I'm lazy - I know!). This kit will fold in the mirrors when I lock the doors and they will automatically open them when I star the engine. Its also good confirmation that the car is locked when you see the mirrors are folded in.

Skippa i've got this fitted and i's a good piece of kit, that should be standard given the mirrors include power folding on UK models. It was 99 all in, which included the 30 mins labour for fitting.

Thanks A - I'll speak to my dealer first thing on Monday and sort it with them.

That was a cool feature I remember on my dad's old '93 Isuzu Trooper..actually he still has it. It just keeps going.

Skippa i've got this fitted and i's a good piece of kit, that should be standard given the mirrors include power folding on UK models. It was 99 all in, which included the 30 mins labour for fitting.
I had mine done at 92 first dealer wanted 160 !! so you might need to shop around.

Cheers Colin - I'm calling the dealer in a few minutes time. I looked on the German forum (pipercub), but even with Google translation it didn't make too much sense to me - if I get the dealer to do it there can be no arguments about warranty being voided and I have some recourse if it goes wrong.

I'll let you know what price they quote me.

Dealer who supplied the car a week ago wanted 106 (supplied, fitted and including Vat) and said it would be sometime next week before they could do it. Checked with another local dealer - 96 (supplied, fitted and including Vat) - they are fitting it tomorrow and I can wait while they fit it. As you say its worth shopping around.

Hi I when I asked my local dealer about this (folding mirror kit ) he said it could not be done he even got the senior mechanic from the workshop to tell me the same thing . I went back the next day with the part number from the Mazda uk website and ordered it . It was 60 including vat . I took it home and fitted it myself. It took about an hour and a half. Unless you are very confident get the dealer to fit it . It is a small wiring loom with a relay that is wired in between the mirror and door lock on the drivers door.
So judging the dealer prices at around 100 that seems ok .

Hey Johnnyoro - can you explain more how this works once installed? Can you override it to keep mirrors folded on demand (such as when driving through a narrow gap) or to keep the mirrors open even when car is turned off (such as when sitting in the car waiting for someone and still being able to see via the side mirrors)? How is the control used in these situations?

I am still looking for good places online to order the OEM module - does anyone have any recommendations? Or is the best idea to just pay the dealer for the kit?

Thanks,
JR

Hey Johnnyoro - can you explain more how this works once installed? Can you override it to keep mirrors folded on demand (such as when driving through a narrow gap) or to keep the mirrors open even when car is turned off (such as when sitting in the car waiting for someone and still being able to see via the side mirrors)? How is the control used in these situations?

I am still looking for good places online to order the OEM module - does anyone have any recommendations? Or is the best idea to just pay the dealer for the kit?

Thanks,
JR

Your info says you are from the USA. This kit will not work with US models - at all. In Europe and other markets, the CX5 already comes with power mirrors and this kit allows the mirrors to automatically fold when parked. You cannot add this module to US models since we do not have power mirrors to begin with.

Hi fitting this little wiring loom does not affect the operation of the manual switch folding you can still fold them in and out as normal . The auto folding occurs when the vehicle is locked with the remote or when you walk away ( keyless ) .
They unfold when you press the start button . However as has been pointed out by someblokefromnyc this accessories can only be fitted if you already have the power folding mirrors.

Thanks,
JR

Hi, first post here. Great site. I bit the bullet and ordered the kit from Germany. My CX5 does have the power folding mirror options from factory so adding this should be a no brainer. When i get it ill try to make a how to on the installation.

Back