Broken 2007 CX-9 Bluetooth

tdierks

:
Mazda CX-9
The bluetooth in our 2007 CX-9 died. The dealer said the part was close to $1K and recommended we just buy an aftermarket Bluetooth unit. But my wife would like the convenience of the phone control button on the steering wheel and voice dialing.

Are there any suggestions here? Possibilities that come to mind are cheaper sources for the Bluetooth module or if there's some repair path that's cheaper than replacement; ways to get Bluetooth support that offer an experience as close to the OEM experience as possible; or absent those, any suggestions the best aftermarket Bluetooth modules. We were looking at the ones from glomaudio.com; they look OK, but of course, it's hard to tell what the experience will be like until after we've taken the plunge.

Thanks,
- Tim

The bluetooth in our 2007 CX-9 died. The dealer said the part was close to $1K and recommended we just buy an aftermarket Bluetooth unit. But my wife would like the convenience of the phone control button on the steering wheel and voice dialing.

Are there any suggestions here? Possibilities that come to mind are cheaper sources for the Bluetooth module or if there's some repair path that's cheaper than replacement; ways to get Bluetooth support that offer an experience as close to the OEM experience as possible; or absent those, any suggestions the best aftermarket Bluetooth modules. We were looking at the ones from glomaudio.com; they look OK, but of course, it's hard to tell what the experience will be like until after we've taken the plunge.

Thanks,
- Tim

this kit costs $199 : https://www.neocaraudio.com/cars/2007_MAZDA_CX9/BMZ3V9

or

maybe consider just replacing the faulty OEM module ? Mazda p/n TD1166DHX

I see one on eBay for $255, and seller accepts returns if it doesn't work

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

but maybe do a mock installation first, see if you can get to the faulty bluetooth module first,

according to the diagram, it should be located near/under the passenger glove box

(maybe a fellow forum member who has done this can chime in to confirm this and offer more details)

see if you can find it first and unplug and remove it, then it should be just a simple plug and play with the replacement module

or if you're handy, remove the faulty module and try to open the box and check for any blown fuses or any broken solder joints/detached wire

Last edited:
Thanks, this is very helpful. I couldn't find the part on a couple of Mazda part sites, I guess my research was incomplete. Very handy, I'll check to see if I can fix the existing box, and if not, the eBay price is competitivestandalone BT modules are cheaper but presumably won't interoperate as well.

Back