3 Year Ownership Check In

We have a very early build 2013 as well. Purchased March of 2012. Touring Loaded. Can confirm same issue with 6 to 4 down shift. Seems to be the worst after long highway stints. If I do a 6 to 4 right after the event happens the shift is smooth.

We are at about 40k miles now. Still loving the car. Running MPG not resetting since purchase is 27.7. The lack of power does get annoying sometimes but when we want to go faster we take my GTI. Only real complaint we have is annoying creak from the center console during the winter months. Goes away when the weather gets above 45 Degrees.

Good to hear!!! I plan to keep mine for at least 10 years. The vehicle overall is fairly easy to work on for normal maintenance procedures.

We have a very early build 2013 as well. Purchased March of 2012. Touring Loaded. Can confirm same issue with 6 to 4 down shift. Seems to be the worst after long highway stints. If I do a 6 to 4 right after the event happens the shift is smooth.

We are at about 40k miles now. Still loving the car. Running MPG not resetting since purchase is 27.7. The lack of power does get annoying sometimes but when we want to go faster we take my GTI. Only real complaint we have is annoying creak from the center console during the winter months. Goes away when the weather gets above 45 Degrees.

Thank you for sharing that. Sounds akin to my ownership experience, even down to the center console creak! Interesting.
Just now hitting 45K in ours. Poor car. My wife keeps it a pigsty.

If I can get a chance, I'm going to do a thorough cleaning, and some nice exterior treatment with my DA polisher.

Just need to find that ever elusive time.

Yes, Kampfires observations are nearly identical to mine after putting 30K miles on a Feb 2012 build 2013 GT. Thankfully in my case a IS350 and C250 provide a more satisfying power plant / drivability experience.

Edit: no console creaking.

I'm almost 35k and 20 months into ownership of loaded '14 GT. Great commute car, hits the sweet spot in many areas and despite a few minor annoyances I'd buy the same car today (probably a '15 on deep discount however). Service has been easy and fairly inexpensive, nav stinks and was my only real issue so far but I knew that going in. Looking forward to seeing what the next few years hold for this and other Mazdas but count me among the herd of the very satisfied owners.

nav stinks and was my only real issue so far but I knew that going in.

Didn't get the Mazda Nav, because it's Tom-Tom based, which from what I hear, pretty much stinks. We have Garmin LM40 (The LM is Lifetime Maps) in both our vehicles, they seem to do a good job, and pretty inexpensive.

Last edited:
Back