Fumoto F106SW Valve

:
2012 Mazda 5
Just ordered a F106SW. Will post review and pics of the install once it arrives.

BTW... They are on sale at fumotodirect.com. Free shipping and 15% of with code SPRING15

https://fumotodirect.com/shop/short-nipple-with-integrated-valve/f106sw

F106SW.jpg

The F106SW is the one I ordered for my wife's 2010 MZ5. It installed easily. Make sure you do not overtighten since it's made of brass. And I noticed that once it was tight, the valve itself wasn't oriented where the release valve clip and where the oil comes out was at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock positions, respectively. Not a huge deal...just a heads up. This was my 4th Fumoto valve and not one of them has faced down perfectly. Chalk it up to discrepancies between the varying oil pan and Fumoto valve threads.

Just curious what does the valve do?

Drains oil. Basically it help you to drain oil with out tools and since you can attach a drain hose, can make the operation process cleaner and directly into used oil container by-passing the catch pan.
Also removes the threat of stripping oil pan bolt from multiple tightening (over-tightening).

Drains oil. Basically it help you to drain oil with out tools and since you can attach a drain hose, can make the operation process cleaner and directly into used oil container by-passing the catch pan.
Also removes the threat of stripping oil pan bolt from multiple tightening (over-tightening).
Good idea!

Installed the fumoto today. Sits between 10 and 11 o'clock. Used a 3/4" crowfoot to and torqued to 25 ft-lbs.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6097.JPG
    IMG_6097.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_6098.JPG
    IMG_6098.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 915
Back